It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well i was meditating last night, and there was no sound, my room was completely quite, not even white noise(if thats the noise you hear when theres no other noise). And out of no where, a wierd sound started becoming louder and louder. It sounded like a sound, wobbling from one frequency to another, at a relatively fast pace. I was/am very confused. Has anyone had this happen to them?

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadwalkk

Could be blood pulsing through the veins near your ear

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Sounds like an endogenous release of '___' (dimethyltryptamine) from your pineal gland; you should have kept going

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There's bizillions of radio waves and microwaves buzzing around, you may have tuned into something...
Just guessing.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Yeah i did that meditating one night too and heard it ,it was my fridge,seriously if its not the fridge ,its the neighbours washing machine.

Really don`t know,I am going to meditate on it and see if I can tune into it..hope it does`nt make my teeth fall out.
edit on 24-2-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I agree, IMO it sounds as if it was a release of '___', I have experienced similar sounds whilst meditating. Unless you feel there is something medically wrong with you, you should not be scared and should definitely continue meditating next time this happens. I feel it is bringing you to a far deeper state of meditation. But I'm no expert so take what I say with a grain of salt.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was trying to continue, but someone in my house dropped something, and it shocked me out of my meditative state, and it did feel like it was bringing me deeper into my meditative state. And if it were '___' being release, well then i guess i got a little bonus
Im trying again tonight to see what happens

link   

" It is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way". - Qui Gon Jinn
Just kidding.
I agree that it was probably blood rushing through the veins in your ear.
I've heard the same thing before while I was camping and it too was extremely quiet.

link   
The brain operates on many levels.There are parts of it operating in other dimensions.Your brain receives messages from other beings not of this world .Tones and rings vary from planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy,depending on gravity,natural forces...At times,you can hear other noises that are not from this earth,like tones and rings...The human brain is a great multitasking machine,never at rest,in communication with the rest of the universe.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

This can happen when your top chakra begins to overlap with the one in your forehead. Once they overlap sometimes you can hear a loud crack, its very disorienting, but strangely refreshing. Try it again and try to get the chakras to overlap.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
LOL It's a long shot - but if you have any fillings in your teeth then they can pick up radio frequencies especially mercury fillings (which I think are outlawed now). I know of one guy in Britain who regularly got Radio One coming through his head via his teeth.

Oz

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Definitely sounds like '___', there's a fair bit of discussion on meditative dmt releases if you do some googling. When I (and most other people) smoke '___' there is a humming/vibration which accelerates rapidly and before you know it your world has been smashed to pieces, I don't see why an endogenous release would be any different.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If it's related to tinnitus, you can cure it by performing the hakini mudra (with the index fingers unjoined) or the mystic mark of the triangle of the Tripura Tapini upanishad.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

You never went looking outside to spot the flying disc did ya..

top topics

join