It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas officer put on leave after Facebook post bragging about abuses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Evidently Dallas PD doesn't have the highest standards for mental background checks or INTELLIGENCE, or this is one fluke who slipped through the cracks.

I honestly can not understand people sometimes, no matter how hard I try...

Unreal...

DALLAS — A Dallas police officer has been placed on paid administrative leave after bragging on Facebook that she cut a hospital worker's face by throwing a boot at him during a dispute, one of several inflammatory posts by the six-year veteran.

Sr. Cpl. Cat Lafitte is under investigation over the incident and whether she violated department policy on social networking, Dallas police spokesman Lt. C.L. Williams said Friday.

Williams said the probe could include other Facebook posts by Lafitte. The Dallas Morning News reported that Lafitte posted a picture of a small black boy surrounded by officers with the comment, "Quick . . . sprinkle some crack on him!" That item had apparently been removed Friday.

The 32-year-old officer also has posts disparaging homeless people, including a description of herself as an "Official Bum Roller," a police term for dealing with the homeless.

Lafitte didn't return a phone call from The Associated Press on Friday.

Five days after the Feb. 9 incident at a hospital in suburban Plano, Lafitte posted that an employee "wanted to tackle me because I was cussin out my Lieutenant on the phone."

"I threw my boot at him, Jerry Springer style, and nailed him in the face," Lafitte wrote. "It broke his glasses and cut his face and bruised it up real good."

www.chron.com...

edit on 19-2-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What ever happened to protect and serve . I know not all police are bad, my step-brother is a police officer and does a good job but there are a good amount of people out there who seem to be no better than the ones they are after. It makes me wonder what will happen the goverment crack downs come. How many will support the people and how many will take advantage of the situtation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A lot of people today like the police officer are very desensitized through different mediums such as television, internet, and by society itself. Note she said "Jerry Springer style' which if you have ever watch that crap, it is like an brainwashing assault on the mind because of the crowd chanting and the brazen display of ignorance and shamelessness by guests by the instigation of Jerry Springer. Facebook, an internet source, is a way to fame - it's a stage to show off trivial accomplishments, to brag and connect to people about things you'd probably wouldn't do in reality. It is not different from the kid who was tricked into having sex with a same-sex partner while being videotaped. The video went viral and the kid committed suicide. The internet is a tool that the insensitive and immoral anonymous person can use for their own distorted pleasure, even if it means destroying the lives of others.

You should look at the person, not the fact she is a police officer and ask yourself where is humanity going in terms of sensitivity, rationality, and morality? Do anyone care anymore?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
This lady went from Police officer to ...

Why is it that these people commit multiple assaults, baterry, planting of "evidence" etc and nothing ever happens to these pigs?

She clearly states on her own that planting of evidence is ok even if the person is innocent as shown by her facebook statement

She posted a picture of a small black boy surrounded by officers with the comment, "Quick .sprinkle some crack on him!

Not to mention this pig's rejoice in beating people up

Here’s a sample pulled directly from her Facebook page: “ I got a call last year to Buzz Brew on 75. This dumb ass wouldn’t leave. I tried to keep it as clean and quiet as possible, but he refused me too. Wrong answer, right? So I had to open the door WITH HIS FACE!.

“The highlight of last week was whoopin a male orderly’s ass in the Plano E.R. because the fool thought it would be a good idea to tackle me. He wanted to tackle me because I was cussin out my Lieutenant on the phone.”

www.facebook.com...

This is a smack on real police officers (the few) who actually work for the people!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Ignorance breeds ignorance, ad naseum.

Obviously, this woman had no place being placed in a position of power, as a Police Officer.

While yes, she was a Police Officer, making these ignorant, racist, and stereotypical comments, it goes to her character, or rather, a lack of moral character, something either shared through her mother and father, or whole familial structure.

She should be ashamed to be called a human being let alone a Police Officer.

Let us hope the people of the Dallas Police Department terminate her employment.

Permanently.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Ok before everyone gets focused on the crack remark, I want to point out that it is being taken out of context. There is a very popular comedy skit that was done by Dave Chappelle. It was this stand up routine that really gained him notoriety and from this his career really took off. It was shortly after this that he got his own TV show, which was remarkably successful as well, until Dave Chappelle just up and quit and walked away from millions of dollars.Below is the entire comedy special, about an hour long. The joke about sprinkling crack on people is referred to through out the entire show. So I am of the opinion that the remark can easily be a simple joke taken out of context.

Google Video Link

As far as the rest of her postings, she deserves what she gets if her claims are actually the truth. However, I am sure she will receive a slap on the wrist and a warning to be careful about what she post on sites like Facebook.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Paid administrative leave. "PAID" is the operative word here.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I found this video from a local Dallas news station, that shows some of the images they mentioned and explains things in greater detail. This woman has no business working at Burger King, much less being in a position of authority. Maybe she'll end up like one of the "bums" she likes to hassle.

www.khou.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Slap on the wrist.. A few days off with pay for the public to forget the incident .. Then back on the street.. Gotta love the western sense of justice lah

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DimensionalDetective, your thread inspired another one for me, on a similar yet different topic.

Maryland D.O C. : Is This For A Background Check, Or 4th Amendment Violation?

I cannot wait to see your thoughts on it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It's coming!
tick tock...tick tock.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Another thread worth responding to.

PAID leave after an officer admits,or is caught in the acts of a felony should be abolished everywhere. She will get her day in court,but he doesnt deserve to get paid while she waits for it.
edit on 21-2-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join