It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know if Oil holds Magnetic properties?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I have always wondered if Oil has magnetic properties? With the rate of consumption, it might explain pole shifts etc.

What do you all think?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Urm I'm not quite sure, but I thought we had established that it was either natural, or HAARP related and the governments are preparing?... Please enlighten me if I have got it wrong. :S
edit on 6-2-2011 by pandapowerjamie because: Typo :/

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
No it is not magnetic.

You can create a magnetic ferrofluid out of oil, though.

edit on 6-2-2011 by againuntodust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

ever heard of magnatec? seems molecules are charged positive to attract to negative earthed engines in the case of a car. oil is carbon based and in theory has the ability to be charged. perhaps an addition to the oil could allow it to be influenced further in the case of an oil slick. i think i know what you are getting at.
seems a coincidence in my though process at the moment that with the south atlantic anomaly in proximity to the gulf and as of yet a slick with no known location, would it be possible the slick if negatively charged could be attracted to this area as upper atmospheric charge is in the positive state. i may be wrong.
regards f

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

quite an amazing clip there.
2nd
f

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well there is an Oil here in the UK called Castrol Magnetism or something like that, it supposedly sticks to the pistons in your car for better lubrication so i guess it is...or atleast its been manufactured to be

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

"Synthetic Oil" .
2nd line.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

Oil does not hold "magnetic" properties persay. Most things have some conductivity.
I work in the industry in Canada.
We have Electrostatic Treater vessels that use electricity to help seperate the oil and water, which cleans up the oil to

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Nothing to do with magnetism, chemical formula that helps the engine grade oil coalesce.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
many pEople have suggested that the Earths harvest of oil using deep coore explosions and many miles of drilling and now recently the BP Spil. Will cause a devastating natural event.

It's been prophecied numerous times. It makes very logical sense as out planets depends on it's magnetic spinning core which is probably supposed to be in oil free float as to spin better

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by irolands

Thanks for clarifying!!

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

There's so many things wrong with that post that I would suggest it be deleted in order for the credibility of this "Science" forum to be maintained.

top topics

join