It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next countries on the Revolution List.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
These countries are probably the next that may experience the same revolutionary process as Tunisia and Egypt

While Egypt, and its Suez Canal, have been worry one for investors world wide since last week, the next big question is whether this dissent could spread to other countries around the region, and world.

It's a challenge to state led authoritarian capitalism, but it is also a response to rising food costs and soaring unemployment. There is also the social media factor, which has allowed protesters to circumvent traditional state run media sources and organize more efficiently.

Morocco
Jordan
Syria
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Libya
Yemen
Pakistan
Vietnam
Venezuela
China

Original Source

These are only possibilities, and there are many factors to consider not just the ones listed in the article. One of the biggest things to consider about stability are the factors of food and water. Western countries as well should be on the list as well because high unemployment and governmental economic factors could contribute to a situation just like what has happened in Tunisia and Egypt.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by barkingdogamato

it is rigged. this was forseen & planned to a degree by some beings thay dont really care about life - just saving their own tail.

Order Through Chaos.

think critically before taking a life - HUGE karmic repurcussion.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Agreed.. There are a few on there who belong below Western nations. We're teetering on the edge of a blade atm. One false step and what awaits us will make Egypt look like a campfire Kumbaya moment.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Most things are planned or guided. This thing with Egypt, IMO, caught them totally 100% off guard. That's why it has gotten such panicked and attentive responses from the US. Also, Mubarak tried to stay until September for Western interests, not his own. There is no one they have prepped with the support of the people they can replace him with. Waiting until Sept would give them time to prep their "man."

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
There are also tensions between Thailand and Cambodia - Link

BANGKOK: Thailand and Cambodia on Saturday agreed a ceasefire to halt fighting near a disputed temple that left at least five people dead, but border tensions remained high. Military officials from the two countries confirmed the ceasefire but a Cambodian general told reporters after the negotiations that the "situation right now is still tense". Cambodia had earlier called fighting near the 11th-century Preah Vihear temple "explosive", while Thailand branded it a violation of territory as both sides blamed the other for sparking the worst violence in more than two years. The neighbours traded heavy weapons fire in an area around the Hindu temple, which is claimed by both countries, on Friday and each said the other had used mortars, rockets and artillery. Cambodia has said two of its soldiers and one civilian were killed in Friday's fighting, while Thailand said a villager on its side of the border also died.

More Than 5,000 Thai Villagers at Thai-Cambodian Border Evacuated UBAlert Link

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I visited Morocco last year, made friends with some of the locals and they did not want to go into it too much but they are far from happy with the leadership that has been in power far too long.
A recent BBC article on the subject.
Domino effect
Morocco would not be a suprise.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Morocco - not sure on this one as I don't know that much about there country
Jordan - Already happened source
Syria - Highly doubt this would fly over to well. I figure the Syrian Military wouldn't stand aside like the Egyptians.
Saudi Arabia - Don't think there is much chance of this one though I could be wrong. I did not see much disdain in there culture when I was there.
Iran - Dictatorship they are way to scared to stand up to that man imho
Libya - Same as Iran
Yemen - Not sure on this one
Pakistan - Highly doubt this would occur
Vietnam - This is possible.
Venezuela - I could definitely see this one.
China - Don't think this will fly the last time they had a protest the Chinese didn't hesitate to put a swift end to it.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingviolet

Having lived in Thailand, I can agree, though I think that any real revolution won't happen as long as the present king is alive. Once he is no longer a influence then there will large scale demonstrations against the status quo.

The current situation between the two has been simmering for years, there were small scale clashes that were hushed up by both sides several times. They are just becoming more violent and more often now.
edit on 5/2/11 by barkingdogamato because: Additiona information

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

China? you forget to these countries to the list
America: Do i need to even say it?

Japan: The Japaneses government is taking away more freedom from the people

Italy: The same as America

Serbia:Like bosnia its no good there expect if your rich that is then your fine

Bosnia: No Good living conditions, yet i thought Islam and the Terrorists freinds of Bosnia who helped them would have rebuild the country by now.

And Canada if it happens by chance.
edit on 5-2-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You know there are a lot of people that seem utterly convinced that something is going to happen in America, well I for one have to say that I don't see that happening. This is not a worldwide phenomenon. I highly doubt you will see a domino effect of protesting worldwide. Most of it is the media reporting on anything and everything related. Now I will say that if a small group of people started rioting in California like the LA riots back in the 90's I feel sure that the media will report it as a revolution in America. This is what they thrive on. The thing that I have always found to be fascinating and hilarious all at once is how people will say don't trust the mainstream media, but yet they get there ideas from the mainstream media. How does that work exactly?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I note China on the list.

China has a problem. They're becoming capitalists, and the more industrious citizens are beginning to accumulate capital.

Eventually, those who make money will demand more say in how things are run, so China is a work in progress that will take a while.

Iran already had its Islamic revolution. They wanted Islam, they got Islam. And they're miserable. As long as Islam exists, they're screwed.

Syria has a pretty ruthless guy in charge, and he's not going to tolerate much crap. He'll crush opponents.

Jordan? Not as stupid as most other nearby nations.

Saudi Arabia? The young are too damned lazy to scratch their own butts, so that's not going to happen for a while. Saudis are as close to full-bodies paraplegics as any single group can be. They refuse to get their hands dirty, and will not even work.

North Africa nations - not a whole lot there to work with, but again, it only takes a few Islamic fanatics in a predominate Islamic nation to poison the whole well.

And don't forget Europe.

Much of this Islamic unrest is coming soon to a theater next to you!

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Add me to the list of those who wish the U.S. was at the top of this list.

I fully understand what a revolution in my country would mean, and how difficult it would make our lives. But i just see no other way. Upon a succesful, albeit highly improbable overthrow of our current sham of a government, I wonder could we start over with just The Constitution and some hefty Jeffersonian principles? Or are are we too jaded and soft to make it work again?

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

That looks more like a wish list than the result of a serious analysis.

Originally posted by FarArcher
North Africa nations - not a whole lot there to work with, but again, it only takes a few Islamic fanatics in a predominate Islamic nation to poison the whole well.
I don't think Islamic fanaticism would play a part in events like this, people are reacting to something that is independent of their religion, as you can see in Egypt.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Of all the middle east countries in the list,Saudi and Egypt are key IMO.
Saudi being the potentially most dangerous terrorism/finance wise,and Egypt with the Suez,our global trade bottleneck.

We must hope sense prevails in Egypt,I believe the people deserve better.
And Saudi,I hope that does not suffer a similar uprising,for the result would be horrific I think.

The things that are happening in the arab world will shape western future.
Who says we are not all connected?

We have a saying in the UK,"you make your bed,you sleep in it."
We in thge west have had a hand in what is happening today in the arab world.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I doubt the US would not get involved in some way if things went tits up in Saudi.
The 'relationship' that they have is FAR too important to both sides.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

you forgot to add Greece, Ireland and other european nations.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And england and australia and algeria and most places. But not venezuela or iran. Hugo is there because of anti american sentiment, because he would not be an american puppet. The place is #ty, but at least it's protected from those political hitmen who hire government, I think, and I hope.

If you don't think revolution will happen in america it won't.

If you want it to happen, and want to know when it's going to happen message me. I can't talk more about it here without getting in trouble.

top topics

join