It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robonauts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Guess this guys is gonna be in space soon. I can't wait to see how the robot actually functions up there.

Robonaut-2

I mean wow, this is gonna change space exploration forever. Once these guys get good, we can travel alot further, since we won't have to worry about losing a human life.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

Its an alien grey version 1.0.

Eventually they become so advanced, they probably kill us all, go back in time and figure out how to save us.

Very cool tech. We can send them up in tiny pods at a fraction of the cost perhaps?

Revolutionary to say the least.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Robonauts are fantastic, we need more robonauts, they will be an invaluable asset in human civilization progressing into the outer solar system.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
haha well the robot don't look like Arnie yet...

Give him a few years of working out in space, risking his life for stupid humans haha.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'd be more interested if the international community would pitch-in and help clean up the space junk floating around in space/upper atmosphere. Then we could proceed with other "toys" to play with.
edit on 2011-2-03 by pikypiky because: To correct for proper "spelling and grammar".

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

This is terrible news. Robonauts? What's next? They're takin our jobs! Derrtookerrjerbs!

One minute you're sending Robonaut on a mission to the moon, next thing you know Robonaut flies back to earth and takes over the entire planet and mates with our people creating Robohumans.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeSoCorny

This is terrible news. Robonauts? What's next? They're takin our jobs! Derrtookerrjerbs!

One minute you're sending Robonaut on a mission to the moon, next thing you know Robonaut flies back to earth and takes over the entire planet and mates with our people creating Robohumans.

I was just thinking... what if some really devious alien gets a hold of him and reprograms him into an evil genius.

How now brown cow?

What started as an innocent little space adventure quickly turns into mankind's undoing. Just wait until they have him doing time travel... Not only will society as we know it be in complete turmoil but soon no one will know what time it is... what year it is.

Actually I think they need this kinda thing for a lot of things.... and there most likely will be a robot war and it will be awesome. They will make it pay per view. A 6 hour block of the robot wars. We will all have jobs building robots to kick the other robots asses as if our lives depended on it.... because they will... and then we will go home and watch robot wars.
edit on 3-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

Actually I think they need this kinda thing for a lot of things.... and there most likely will be a robot war and it will be awesome. They will make it pay per view. A 6 hour block of the robot wars. We will all have jobs building robots to kick the other robots asses as if our lives depended on it.... because they will... and then we will go home and watch robot wars.
edit on 3-2-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

This Sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY live from the Roborena comes Robowar 5 : Annihilation Assimilation! Be there or be square because it's going to be Singularious! Watch as Robocop 2.0 vs Robofirefighter in a fight to the death! And by death we mean, the need for recharging!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
we will watch robots dragging themselves around attempting to put themselves back together and be completely amazed at what transpires... robots made of robots.

new topics

top topics

join