It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Contention at MUFON

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I received this email this evening (use the link)

New Contention at MUFON

The Committee to Reform MUFON knows there are many things wrong with MUFON not captured in the Petition. For example, it has come to our attention MUFON headquarters is now reaching down into the state chapters—without the knowledge or approval of the SDs—and is investigating individuals, and appointing and firing individuals to positions in the states.

There have been several problems at MUFON for the past few years, including the BAASS controversy, James Carrion's term and resignation as International Director, the lack of new young members, the same speakers and experts at the symposiums, the infighting among UFO groups and, frankly, questions as to where MUFON's loyalty actually lies. There have been many calls for Mr. Clift to 'shake up' the network. I look forward to reading an explanation from MUFON that prompted the petition.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Add a preceding paragraph describing what MUFON is. Yes, I've searched it but not everyone will.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

MUFON was infiltrated by the CIA a long time ago. I'm not sure whether it is CIA controlled but it is easy to be inclined towards suspicion. It will be interesting to see the response to any petition.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I was going to post a thread on this, but found yours on a search. So I'll just bump this one instead.

MUFON has fired 4 of it's State Directors. So far as I can tell, all four were women.
Leslie Varnicle, State Director of Colorado
Marilyn Carlson, State Director of Oklahoma
Christine Dickey, State Director of Arizona
Elaine Douglass, State Director of Utah
Most of these women have been members of MUFON for over 20 years and were given no explanation.

So what's the agenda here? These gals find out something they weren't supposed to know?

S&F OP
edit on 3-2-2011 by Klassified because: Correction

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
MUFON International Director Responds to Petition Email

Here is the response from MUFON International Director Clifford Clift (use link)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The Selling of MUFON

On Friday, I received a copy of the alleged contract that was negotiated and eventually agreed to by the Mutual UFO Network and Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies (BAASS). It was forwarded to me by the newly formed 'Committee to Reform MUFON'. I and others have written about this business relationship in the past. If this is actually a copy of the contract, then many of the concerns raised were valid

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

It is a real copy of the unsigned document. James Carrion verified this as it is word for word what he also has.

My understanding is that a signed copy is to be released in the near future so stick around as this unfolds.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The following statements were made by MUFON Board member Marie Malzahn:
“You have made it clear that your group wishes to destroy MUFON….
This is a non-profit organization, not a timeshare. We must follow the federal guidelines in order to keep our non-profit status. Our volunteers sign a form that states they agree to comply with MUFON policy and investigative protocol. If members do not agree with MUFON policy, they are free to find another organization that suits their needs. I see that you have done that, Elaine. Good luck with your venture.
MUFON is a team of respectful and caring professionals. ….
MUFON cherishes all its members and field investigators. We have a diverse group of volunteers from all walks of life, from all around the world….”

In response we would like to say that we are NOT trying to destroy MUFON. In fact we are trying to do just the opposite – to save MUFON and ensure that it remains a viable organization for years to come.
The form MUFON investigators sign states that they can be “removed at any time for any reason.” WITH NO DUE PROCESS – no jury of their peers, no warning, no reason given. That does not sound respectful and caring to me.
The members of MUFON are indeed diverse and their expertise wide-ranging. We do not always agree with each other. That’s great! Instead of arguing with each other we should challenge each other. Challenge brings change. Challenge brings new ideas.
Our Committee to Reform MUFON is challenging the Board of Directors to make reforms that will improve MUFON, not destroy it.
It seems as though this great organization which was founded to embrace people who think outside the box, now only want people who will think inside their box.

In response to the petition to Reform MUFON, some state directors have replied that they are “completely satisfied with MUFON as is;” while others have said simply “I DON’T CARE!”
That is part of the problem with MUFON: state directors who don’t care or aren’t willing to try to make things better. Membership across the board has been steadily declining. We need state directors who DO CARE to keep this ship afloat. But those state directors are the ones being “replaced!” WHY?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2011 6:38 AM
To: redacted to keep these people from the wrath of MUFON
Subject: Joiner Report

Did you hear Cliff and I on the Joiner report? He finally admitted what I suspected - that the real reason he fired Leslie was because he considered her to be in the “Cherry Camp” and because she audio recorded the MUFON Symposium State Director’s meeting,

He also admitted that the Board purposely excluded me when renegotiating with BAASS, and despite losing my friendship he would do it all over again the same way. Such a nice guy.

You can download or listen to the show for free if you register for a free membership at

www.angeliajoiner.com...

James

edit on 12-2-2011 by LeslieV because: Corrected typo in TO line

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What I find interesting is the wanting of MUFON to restrict freedom of association. Ken Cherry has been a long time friend and I still consider him a friend even though MUFON removed him as TX State Director years ago. I guess MUFON is now wanting to restrict who a person associates with. Is this an organization that promotes open thought, truth, and interaction in the UFO field? I doubt it very much. This is still America and we are free to associate with whom we wish although common sense does apply, but, friends in the UFO investigation field are friends even if not members of MUFON. At least to me they are.

LV

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Basically MUFON has been infiltrated and exposed by James Carrion. I recommend reading James Carrion's blog to learn more about whats really going on in Mufon.

I wonder why they are so easy to spot these moles.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

Billionaire investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas, who also has CIA connections...(and hangs around with conspiracy theorist/factist Alex Jones), concluded a deal with MUFON whereby he supplies this organization with whatever it needs to be able to go out and bring back hard evidence for the existence of UFO's.
The only snag is that now, the 'suits' DO go out and intimidate witnesses, (lean on them to keep their mouths shut or face ridicule, character assassination etc), discredit worthy researchers and they DO sweep many good cases under the carpet...never to be heard of again.
As a researcher of over 20 years standing and with many contacts in this subject, I know this all to be fact; so I guess that makes MUFON highly suspect, don't you?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tascam

You just joined my list of ATS suspect members. I suspect you like to deal in facts too

Seriously, I have started a list.

new topics

top topics

join