It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot: The Definitive Guide 2 Hour Doc TONIGHT on The History Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
TONIGHT at 9:00PM EST The History Channel a 2 Hour Documentary.

Below is the description from The History Channel Website & Cryptomundo.
History Channel Schedule 01/02/11
Cryptomundo Plug:

The History Channel will air Bigfoot: The definitive Guide on Feb 2nd, 2011. The official description of the show is: A team of top scientists (Drs. Jack Rink, Anna Nekaris, William Sellars, Jeff Meldrum, and Ian Redmond) come together with one goal to create the definitive guide to Bigfoot. Does the creature exist? And if it does where is it? And how can it survive without being detected? Using a new interactive map the team has plotted more than 10,000 Bigfoot type sightings from around the world. Dr. Jeff Meldrum reflects on the experience: “It was personally gratifying to hear my colleagues objectively evaluate the footprints, hair samples and sightings as serious evidence; to see their intrigue mount as they contemplated its implications,”.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Excellent thank you for sharing this with us all. I've said it once and I'll say it again, the cryptid forum is the most underused and under appreciated of all the forums on ATS.

I didnt know that it was airing tonight, let me go set my DVR as the wife will not want to watch it haha.
But I certainly will be tuning in, I look forward to some discussion on its contents.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Be nice if it was worth while and not play our emotions with promises of new evidence. Hard to believe that if there really was something new to reveal it could be kept secret until production and post production was complete.

Here is another link I found that supposedly has an image of the creature used in the recreations. If that is really it then I have already seen this movie and I love the part when Barbara Bach smashes the giant bug on Ringo's face.

Just Kidding Of Course.

Regardless of the content, I still have hope and eagerly await the documentary.

Bigfoot Lunch Club

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Trying to dig up more data on tonight's airing and trying to avoid just a complete and blatant bump, I found 11 different "WEDNESDAY PICKS" including the below:

The Seattle Times WEDNESDAY TV PICKS

t

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
OK, Now -- just a complete and blatant bump.

- for those now arriving home for work.

So Sad When No One Pays Attention To Our Skinky Large Footed Friends!!!

t

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'll watch it but I no longer believe after that '08 hoax. I notice that almost nothing has gone on since then, maybe all the hoaxers were trumped. I guess we need a shoot first and ask questions later policy regarding BF or we'll never find one. America, the nation of gun owners, except when it comes to redneck men in the woods alone who see bigfoot....go figure.

But cool Tony Danza/Danzig av OP

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electric Crown
I'll watch it but I no longer believe after that '08 hoax. I notice that almost nothing has gone on since then, maybe all the hoaxers were trumped. I guess we need a shoot first and ask questions later policy regarding BF or we'll never find one. America, the nation of gun owners, except when it comes to redneck men in the woods alone who see bigfoot....go figure.

But cool Tony Danza/Danzig av OP

Thanks for the comment and I stole the DANZA from Tesco Vee's website.

It looks like if you miss the airing tonight or a rerun the DVD will be available on March 16, 2011.
History DVD Info

Not trying to plug any sales for DVDs. Just trying to alert my fellow ATS Members of tonight's airing and actually save them the $24.99 extortion rates by seeing/DVRing the show tonight .

Last post until after show airs.

Enjoy & Best Regards,

t

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

Best promotion thread ever! haha

I am counting down the minutes until it airs tonight....50 mins from now.

I dont anticipate any new Bigfoot news tonight, but it will be nice to watch everything in one 2 hour doc.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Thanks so much for letting us know!!! I just went ahead and put it on the channel and will wait and see what they got?? Hopefully something new!

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The theory that they threw out there about "Bigfoot" actually being modern man living in the wild was an interesting one. Who knows what modern man would look like or even evolve into if he lived in the remote wild for decades.

The one that it maybe Ancient man (Neanderthal) still living in todays world was another interesting theory.

It was an interesting show to say the least. One of the better Bigfoot shows ive seen in fact.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienGrey

The only question I had with that, and it was brought up on the show as well, is would that really account for the huge footprints left by this creature. I suppose the large size could be a product of evolving in the wild, but to me thats kind of reaching. But not out of reach.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

Best promotion thread ever! haha

I am counting down the minutes until it airs tonight....50 mins from now.

I dont anticipate any new Bigfoot news tonight, but it will be nice to watch everything in one 2 hour doc.

History channel HUH, well of course they will mention the book by Lloyd Pye "Everything You Know Is Wrong" in which he documents just about every story/case on what he calls Hominoids, aka bigfoot, Yeti etc.

The book is a real bellringer on this subject, suggest you read it to find out more.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot

It looks like if you miss the airing tonight or a rerun the DVD will be available on March 16, 2011.
History DVD Info

Not trying to plug any sales for DVDs. Just trying to alert my fellow ATS Members of tonight's airing and actually save them the $24.99 extortion rates by seeing/DVRing the show tonight .

Last post until after show airs.

Enjoy & Best Regards,

t

For those who don't want to wait for (or pay the high price for) the DVD you can download the show from iTunes right now. I downloaded last night for $3.99. It is part of their "History Specials" line of shows.

I am looking forward to watching it next week!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I watched it that night. Was a dissapointment.

Based on what I saw, albiet briefly, they are way off on the North American bigfoot. They kept showing the face of a bigfoot, and it was so broad. Looked like they used CGI from the Hulk movies, and just changed the colors.

Also, lets assemble a bunch of erudite people from academia who dont frequent the woods.The "experts" all had a smile of bemusment on their faces, the entire show. They will cash the check, and laugh with their peers.

and last. They showed these beautiful graphics depicting the globe covered in red dots depicting sightings.But they only told us about a handfull of them, and they were not very informative.

i saw 2 hours devoted to Bigfoot, and got excited that something novel would be shown. Not the case. i have learned much more right here at ATS.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienGrey

I didn't get to watch this documentary, but if they're saying that Bigfoots may be modern humans, I'd have to strongly disagree.
In many cases with tracks being recovered, there was the presence of a midtarsal break. Humans do not have this, but some apes do. Bigfoots also have several other traits that show an evolution from or continuation of an apelike species. I'm not an expert, but from my research of these creatures, I'm fully convinced they're simply a species of ape that's thought to be extinct.

One thing I find interesting, although not necessarily relevant, is the color and length of hair found on many orangutans. Bigfoots are sometimes reported as having dark reddish-brown hair, which is very long and hangs off of the arms. This is the same for orangutans.

edit on 7-2-2011 by trollz because: adding picture to post

new topics

top topics

join