It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire in the forest! 'beautiful pictures'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
It looks like HDR, where he's taken several layers and merged them into one picture to get the look he's after. Not a fan of the style personally.

An example

Forest Stream by kittacabe, on Flickr

but thats just a guess!

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Thanks for the links and yes, they do resemble a similar style, I have contacted Andr'e and asked a few questions.

Hi Mr Wagner and thank you for your beautiful photographs. I have recently purchased a mural of your photo 'Harwood Hole' and was curious to know what enhancements 'if any' were applied. I have started a thread of your work, on a respectable forum and have been discussing the the picture. Could you enlighten us on this particular photograph? Some people are even dismissing the photo of, actually being real. Thank you so much for your time.

Just to pass some time on, here's is one of his pics which might interest a few folk on here.
It is called Chem Trails.

and here's a Youtube vid with some nice relaxing music, to boot.

Goodnight.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30/1/2011 by lewtra because: fix link

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Evening. If anyones interested, Mr Wagner has kindly replied to my Email. Here's is what he had to say.

Thanks for your nice email.My Picture Harwood Hole, which I took in New Zealand 2006.It is a night shot. I used an analog camera (Mamiya 645pro) and photographed on a fuji reala 100 film the exposure time was 45 minutes.This photo is not digitally enhanced! the light comes from my fire flame in the forest because it is really dark in the night. I hope you could help it. best wishes from berlin andre

Interesting, 45 minutes exposure time, not digitally enhanced, night shot and his own fire, nice one. Well, there you have it, at least it got me from 'the end of the world', for a while.
Thanks for all your comments.

Wonders off to the dead birds, thread..

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lewtra

Thanks for clearing that up. I may have to try this tonight. The most I have done is only a 5 sec exposure at night of my dirty truck and it looked almost HDRish. Taken the night I got my Nikon, at 11pm full moon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ebabb720593e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Hey, nice pic, to be honest I don't know anything about photography, but I have learned a few basics this week

If you do manage to get a longer exposure shot tonight, post it up here for comparison. Cheers

top topics

<< 1   >>

join