It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's likely to raise prices in 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Article

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) – McDonald's Corp (MCD.N) plans to raise prices this year to help offset an expected rise in its grocery bill for the 10 commodities that account for around 75 percent of its food preparation costs.

Food prices are rising around the globe and the comments from the world's biggest restaurant chain overshadowed weaker-than-expected December sales at established European and U.S. restaurants, as poor weather hurt demand, and a reported fourth-quarter profit that was in line with expectations.

McDonald's expects its costs to rise 2 percent to 2.5 percent this year in the United States and 3.5 percent to 4.5 percent in Europe.

2 percent to 2.5 percent? Im not really sure what that means. It dosent really look like much of a rise.

Does this mean Im going to have to pay an extra few cents of my cheeseburgers?

I wonder how many other food chains are expecting to raise their prices this year?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You shouldn't be eating this crap anyway. It's Soooooooooooooooo not good for you. I haven't had fast food in over 20 years. I don't miss it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I don't eat McDonalds, and I don't know anyone over the age of 10 that even wants to.

IF I wanted a "fast food" burger, I'd go across the street to "In N Out", because it doesn't make me feel like I need to immediately evacuate my bowels after eating. Even that's rare these days. Food is better prepared in the home, with as few corporate influences as possible.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Doing my best Eddie Murphy in this format.......Mehdonawds?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Isn't normal inflation like 4%? So a raise in price of 2-3% doesn't seem too bad.

And we shouldn't be eating McDonalds anyways. YUCK!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Who cares? McDonalds is nasty and does nothing but give you bad health. The CEO of the company should get a McBusted lip.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Good now maybe we wont see fat kids running around because parents wont be able to afford it.

top topics

join