It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Discusses Plan to Attach Bigelow Inflatable Module to ISS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

NASA Discusses Plan to Attach Bigelow Inflatable Module to ISS

news.yahoo.com

NASA Space Flight is reporting that a meeting took place at the Johnson Spaceflight Center to discuss the possibility of attaching a Bigelow inflatable module to the International Space Station.

The inflatable module would serve as a storage room for scientific equipment used in the Japanese Laboratory Module. NASA would provide funding, as well as equipment such as "--the Passive Common Berthing Mechanism (PCBM), Flight Releasable Grapple Fixture (FRGF), smoke detector, fan, and emergency lights." Bigelow would provide the inflatable and inner core structure.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I have been reading about these inflatable modules for some time now. It is really interesting that Nasa is really considering using one on the ISS. This could revolutionize the way we support ourselves in space. I hope that they put one in orbit to test its capabilities. Maybe oneday we will be able to have inflatable cities in space.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Good news, you have come a long way Mr. Bigelow, I remember the first time I heard Bob Biglaow on the Art Bell show in the late nineties and what he wanted to do for the space program and humanity, the naysayers were wrong.

www.bigelowaerospace.com...

Opinion: 2011 -- The Year of Commercial Space Travel

Last year turned out to be a momentous one for commercial spaceflight. It started in late January, when NASA rolled out a controversial new plan that relied on the private sector to get its astronauts to orbit. More exciting events came in the months that followed:

•The first drop test of Virgin Galactic's suborbital spaceship.
•The announcement of a new Caribbean spaceport in Curacao for XCOR Aerospace's planned suborbital Lynx rocket plane.

www.aolnews.com...

Interesting article on accomplishments and whats to come.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Star for you my friend. Thank you for the links, by the way, I noticed your name and your info. Did you work for Nasa?........ Just kidding, kind of.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Star for you my friend. Thank you for the links, by the way, I noticed your name and your info. Did you work for Nasa?........ Just kidding, kind of.

Your welcome liejunke, my pleasure, Bob Bigalow is someone worth checking out, if you google "NIDS" you find out much more about hiim, the NIDS program is now defunct.

No I never worked for NASA but with my passion for Space Exploration and the work they have done I would have loved to. I am acually a retired accountant, boring huh.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I have also been an avid space fan since I was a youngster. I would like to one day do some welding for NASA on a project. I love the idea of space exploration. I believe that Nasa gets alot of bad PR especially when missions do not go according to plan. One day they will do somehing big to regain confidence in the public's eye. Maybe these inflatable components will be the start of redemption to be something to be proud of.
I do not think an accountant is all that boring. You have to be smart to crunch numbers.
edit on 15-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join