It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Ok so insurance is made available for everyone becuase "incase something happens" your covered financialy to get fixed up etc... now incase "something doesnt happen" dont you think you should get atleast "some" money back. Now i get how insurance companys work with everyones money basically goes into a giant pool and they give that money to the people who need it. I have always dreamed of making a insurance company to where if you don't use more than 50% of the money you have given to the insurance company then at the end of the year you get 15%-20% of the overall money back that you have given and havent used. What you think?

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It depends on if you were to market it properly. The problem is there is overhead, and there are profits.

Insurance companies don't care if you can pay your rent, they just want to buy a new yacht with your hard earned money.

WELCOME!

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Insurance = Investment Banking.

You give a company a sum of money, as do 100K other people...
That Insurance company then invests other peoples money to make them money.

They then pay out the Insurance claims from these profits.

Why would they want you to get any of that back? Are you crazy? They aren't in this business to help you...
Geeze...

By the way, there is a company here in Australia called 'Refund Home Loans'.
It was started by an individual like yourself and many others.
At the end of the year, you get a percentage of your payments back.
Depending on how well they did in the financial year with your debt notes.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Insurance is the loss of a few covered by many.

With that instead, if you live in the USA I wouldnt buy insurance because you rarely get paid out anyways.

Here in Canada we have many insurances that have riders that allow you to get ALL of your money back, if you do not make a claim. Disability insurance...and critical illness insurance to name two.

BOTH extremely important to the management of your networth, and highly expected to be claimed upon.

Canadian insurance is among THE BEST in the world.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

yea true i just get so angry sometimes becuase i am young and pay a pretty penny every month for car insurance and i have yet to get in a accident "even though i will probably be happy if i do and i have insurance" and i just think of all the money that i would have needed for something else.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

i wana come to canada now lol

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
You should, if you dont mind being told that we are Canada but actually owned by the USA, rather USA junior, haha...just with better Insurance and somewhat alright health care...it isnt all its cracked up to be, but a far bit better than the usa.

top topics

join