It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian Rocket Explodes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Indian Rocket Explodes

Of course it did.

Now how much will the US charge for doing the job for them next time and to make their own "adjustments" to the payload?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeast1111
Earth is a prison planet and I wonder if security was 100% airtight during rocket assembly... Was it sabotage to break our will to explore the universe?

Can't India outsource their cargo offloads to the Russians, for example, who are using tried and proven space launch rockets. Why, India could have used all that money developing their own space station.

Russia has a business launching rockets all set up.

Kinda of like eating at a McDonald's while the small family restaurant next door has better food for a better price.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Why, India could have used all that money developing their own space station.

Or to help the needy in their country.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by westcoast
I'm kind of surprised at the flipant comments on here. It's a negative, no matter how you look at it.

Exactly.

Space flight or any launches are a roll of the dice each and every time. Knowing that I'd still sign up tomorrow to fly in space even knowing the risks

It's not just about launching rockets, India has millions of hungry, sick and homless people that should be helped before thinking about going to the stars. According to one indian friend I have, they don't believe in middle class, they have rich and poor people only.....now, I guess most of us here are middle class (for now).
edit on 26-12-2010 by Trueman because: fix text

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e782115c211e.jpg[/atsimg]

Not a missile... it's a contrail of a jet

Sorry couldn't resist

Nice expensive firework display

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
A Terrible Loss

Of course on ATS we'll have all sorts of theories about what went wrong, but the failure of the rocket, the loss of the satellite and the inevitable setback for the program are horrible to contemplate.

Why horrible? Its just a rocket and a satellite...

Besides it's NASA's fault. Since they assigned a cooperation agreement seems India is picking up NASA's track record

NASA And India Sign Agreement For Future Cooperation
www.nasa.gov...

How dat fer an ATS conspiracy theory?

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
.now, I guess most of us here are middle class (for now).

Not for long... the PTB are working on it. Besides it only cost Rs 325 crore.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Trueman
.now, I guess most of us here are middle class (for now).

Not for long... the PTB are working on it. Besides it only cost Rs 325 crore.

Excuse my ignorance....wich PTB ? (LOL)

Acronym Definition
PTB Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt (Germany)
PTB Partido Trabalhista Brasileiro (Brazilian Labor Party)
PTB Phosphotyrosine-Binding
PTB Powers That Be
PTB Power Tab (computer program format)
PTB Pulmonary Tuberculosis
PTB Place to Be
PTB Penn Treebank
PTB Portuguese Brazilian (language)
PTB Patellar Tendon Bearing
PTB Passenger Terminal Building (aviation)
PTB Push the Button
PTB Portland Trail Blazers
PTB Position Task Book (wildfire qualification system for firefighters)
PTB Petersburg, Virginia (airport code)
PTB Pass The Buck
PTB Pre-Term Birth
PTB Ptahhotep's Team Balancer (Counter-Strike)
PTB Part Time Basis
PTB Photonics Tech Briefs (magazine)
PTB Please Text Back
PTB Partial Test Ban (nuclear weapons)
PTB Psychophysics Toolbox (vision reserach software)
PTB Proto-Tibeto-Burman (languages)
PTB Physical Trade Balance
PTB Pounds Per Thousand Barrels
PTB Passenger Transportation Board (Canada)
PTB P-Town Ballers (band)
PTB Push to Break (electronic switch type)
PTB Puro Tango Blast (Texas street/prison gang)
PTB Portadown True Blues
PTB Peer Transaction Bus
PTB Personal Touch Banking
PTB Prevent the Bite (dog bite prevention program)
PtB Paul the Bankie (Scottish football fan)
PTB Program Time Base
PTB Protective Technology Branch
PTB Power Turbine Balance
PTB Project Team Builder (Project Management Institute; software)
PTB Patrol Torpedo Boat
PTB Primetime Ballers (Youth Basketball)
PTB Professional, Technical Business (UK)
PTB Paul Thomas Band

edit on 26-12-2010 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage

Originally posted by zeon9010
reply to post by Trueman

my thoughts are that it was shot down or sabatouged (sp.) by a bigger or competing country in order to keep india from from advancing.

This was always going to be a "priority" answer on ATS! Any sources or proof this? or just gut feelings?

Since he said "My Thoughts" he gave all the sources he needed to give....

Priority post-whoring for ATS also.. Asking for sources and proof in regards to thoughts and opinions..

Edit to add: Like the post right above this one.... CONTEXT MAYBE?
edit on 26/12/10 by Romekje because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
I'm kind of surprised at the flipant comments on here. It's a negative, no matter how you look at it.

As to the starving people...how about the US or Russia? Do we not have starving/homeless/sick and poor people? Yet we spend billions and billions on space research (among much others)

Everyone's priorities are messed up, but that doesn't mean we should act like they deserved it. As far as I see it, whenever there is a scientific set-back for one country, it is a set-back for us all.

What annoys me and a lot of other Brits is that the UK government doled out millions of pounds in 'aid' to fund India's space program! This is from a country which doesn't even have it's own independent space program!
What a waste, especially as there's practically zero british empire now but seem to 'owe' it something.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

Well that doesn't make sense. Why would anyone give out money for this? It is all too political for me. I gave up trying to make sense of ANYTHING having to do with politics a long time ago. Perhaps that is why I don't understand the negative comments. Maybe they are deserved, but they need to be made constructively (such as yours) so they have some merit.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I didn't mean to fan the flames of paranoia in my earlier post but even the top Indian scientists are considering espionage.

Dr. Raj Baldev,l GBA President said:

"The problem is apparent, the evidence strongly suggests that the ISRO is malfunctioning somewhere, either due to its inefficient people or their loyalty is purchased by some vested interests not detected so far, or the department is keeping no vigil to keep the perfection of the Satellite, or is less serious.

Their loyalty is purchased by some vested interests not detected so far?

www.internationalreporter.com...

I suppose they could have used file footage or paid for a Roman candle as part of information gathering exercise, but otherwise I just can't see this as a victimless incident. This GB is primarily concerned with Indias face apparently.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
As they say, this IS rocket science.

There are thousands of ways it can fail and fewer ways it can succeed, if the thousands of parts work perfectly. Actually the space shuttle has millions of parts.

If this is their third failure in a year they need to take a close look at what they could be doing better. Some failures are to be expected but 3 in one year seems a bit much.

This failure is thought to be a snapped cord leading to one of the actuators that control the rocket trajectory. The thing veered off course had had to self-destruct. The rocket didn't blow up by it self, which is important to note.
source

On your second point: one of the three failures was a test regarding a new cryogenic engine for the upper-stage, which failed due to some technical glitch. But this isn't particularly surprising. The last one was just a ballistic missile test. I don't really know why that is counted, really, since it wasn't developed by ISRO. The only other rocket I think ISRO launched this year was a success.
edit on 26-12-2010 by Irako because: formatting

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Irako

The April 15th launch used an Indian designed third stage cryogenic motor that failed a second after ignition. Even the Japanese were having trouble with Sub-Synchronous whirl in the Fuel Turbo-Pumps that fed the fuel. The Indian design looks very similar to the Pratt and Whitney cryogenic motors but they must have missed something during testing. Honestly with all the secrecy and government pride surrounding these missions I don't know how quickly accurate information will get disseminated.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Maybe they are so urgent to launch it that they are not well prepared ...Is this a way to show their muscle to China ? Ironically they failed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join