It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F.A.S.T. by DHS - Fascist Attribute Screening Technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
F.A.S.T. by DHS - Fascist Attribute Screening Technology

Okay now they have stepped it up a few notches... a virtual lie detector grilling?

This is insanity gone wild.. is this even legal?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Minority Report, anyone? I have heard of this technology. I find this terrifying. Can they deny you passage on a fligt because you might be a threat based upon their FAST screening? Sure they can. They can do anything they want because they have already completely disregarded the Constitution and nobody is stopping them. I bet people would welcome this type of screening over the enhanced pat-downs. A few more months of media coverage of the enhanced pat-downs and X-ray screenings, and then they roll out this technology. People will be so relieved to not have to be felt up or digitally stripped naked, they will be grateful to be profiled in this manner.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
This has similar flavorings as "Malintent"

One new project, Deep Learning, on tap from the Information Processing Techniques Office (IPTO), proposes to “build a universal machine learning engine that uses a single set of methods in multiple layers (at least three internally) to generate progressively more sophisticated representations of patterns, invariants, and correlations from data inputs.”

DARPA avers that “a rapidly increasing volume of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) information is available to the Department of Defense (DOD) as a result of the increasing numbers, sophistication, and resolution of ISR resources and capabilities. The amount of video data produced annually by Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) alone is in the petabyte range, and growing rapidly.”

Therefore, “The goal of the envisioned Deep Learning program is to discover and instantiate in a learning machine (Deep Learning System) a single set of methods that, when applied repeatedly across multiple layers of the machine, yield more useful representations of audio/visual, sensor, and language information, using less labeled data more efficiently than any existing technologies.”

dissidentvoice.org...

Accordingly, DARPA is hatching a project, the sinisterly titled Suspected Malicious Insider Threat Elimination, or SMITE, to detect those who might not want us kept safe. DARPAcrats “define [an] insider threat as malevolent (or possibly inadvertent) actions by an already trusted person with access

Darpa, or black hoods. Do we have a choice?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Where this begins to fail is that the best inventors of weapons systems are the most twisted, warped, pirate-like souls, whom we will now restrict from travel- negating their ability to invent even more hella weapons systems.

Good thing Bill Gates has a private jet- they won't be letting him fly Virgin anymore

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So now if I have a twitch I'm a terrorist??

That is so wrong..
I wonder which polly has shares in that one..

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I lack confidence in their little technology's ability to do what it claims. I don't think we are there yet, we haven't even perfected the polygraph.

It's true we need to develop non-invasive ways to protect ourselves from potential mass murders, and there will no doubt be lemons along the way.

This lemon has a long way to go before it's potable.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wonder what it's going to take before we say ENOUGH

Seems we have already become so jaded and sheep like... no one is even flickering an eyebrow at this

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Wonder what it's going to take before we say ENOUGH

Seems we have already become so jaded and sheep like... no one is even flickering an eyebrow at this

True, probably because it is less invasive compared to xray scanners..
BTW, I guess next it's biometric ID that we will have to accept before boarding a bus into town..

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

As more information becomes available, less people actually informed. Orwell Rolls in his grave.

new topics

top topics

join