It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study shows post-9/11 security zones blight landscape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
David Kelly,University of Colorado,Denver,has released an article which describes how the creation of "security zones" in cities around the country has led to large,unusable areas along with uneven,restricted access to public areas,services and buildings. The post-911 paranoia has also lead to the construction of government buildings and other 'high-value' facilities which resembles fortresses. He says that, on one level, this make people feel safer,but on another, leave them feeling even more freaked out. Toss in all of the added security measures such as CCTV and back-scatter x-ray machines into the mix,and it seems there is a real (or falsely perceived,depending on how you look at it) need to completely change city planning strategies to accommodate these new heavy-handed security measures.

Link to article on EurekAlert

I'm a bit out of the loop on all of this as I haven't actually witnessed what this guy's talking about. I find this to be quite alarming however. Just the idea that the entire strategy behind city planning is, or soon will be, evolving into what could turn out to be the re-designing and re-purposing of urban centers into massive-scale prisons frightens the crap out of me. Just one more reason for people not to want to come visit or live in the U.S. down the road.

This sort of evolution of the urban landscape,unfortunately,will happen so slowly that people probably won't even realize the extent to which it's happening until it's too late to express their displeasure. People seem to be too busy either trying to just survive in the 'new economy' or too pre-occupied with the latest manufactured, low-brow entertainments to take notice or stop to question what's happening.

What do you guys think?

edit on 14-12-2010 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

I agree
and the fact that 911 was a false flag operation that help push this ideology. This tells me that the powers that be are so corrupt that they need to monitor all of us, to find out what we know and to stop any uprising against a corrupt government.
edit on 14-12-2010 by impressme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ironically,said monitoring appears to be quite easy as most of the population seems to be either too zombified from unnecessary pharmaceuticals and/or too worn down and numbed from the state of things to do much more than play video games,get drunk,surf the internet and watch TV anyway.

join