It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Forum Suggestion - Ideas For A Better World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Reward Recycling: set up recycling centers to automatically dispense vouchers based on the weight of the recycled material (glass, paper and plastic). These vouchers could be used for public transportation and if you chose not to use the vouchers then they can be donated to homeless shelters for use therein.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

SayonaraJupiter, first thank you for a very thoughtful reply and welcome to ATS

Good thread title, yes, essential for everyone and the wording determines the response many times, so specifics, yes.
I like your notion of"high level problem solving and I am glad your goal is only for emporer of the "known" universe, because mine is for the "unknown" universe, so we shouldn't have any problems.

Well, what happens with all the good ideas? If they are really, really good ideas they become public policy, vetted by experts, directed by a religiously transparent government apparattus accountable to the public, implemented by a mix of NGO's, and the chiefs of all committees will be directly elected from the population. The process of revolution never really ends in this respect.

I am not sure if this is how it is or maybe how it should, be in a perfect world. Religiously transparent? I might have to call oxymoron on that one because total transparency just does not seem to exist when it comes to money, imo. Guess I am a little cynical in that area.
Any new technology has to be made with the potential to generate money as well as energy. It is not enough for an idea to just be revolutionary. This is one of the setbacks about capitalism, but at the same time, it is capitalism that sometimes funds these efforts too.
I like your idea about how things become viral amongst the public and private awareness, which is part of what this idea could encourage hopefully. Timing is critical and these days anything that can help us get away from oil dependency would be good timing since we are in such a state of flux regarding energy use/needs.
I am convinced though that technology will be one thing that saves us, and hopefully common sense will remain common.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
@ ThePyramidAgenda
Untiy_99
InertiaZero
davespanners

Much thanks for the support guys,
I appreciate it!

Peace,
spec
edit on 5-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Not a bad idea CC, I would also like to see progress be made in sheltering the homelessness by taking advantage of so many empty and abandoned homes. It is ridiculous to have shelter going to waste with people/families moving to the streets because of financial tribulations. Regulations and restrictions should be addressed. I understand them being in place, but it seems there is not enough interest to sit down and work these things out. I know insurance and liability plays heavy here, but does that mean an effort should not or could not be achieved?

Thank you for the reply,
spec

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I would like to see a return to homesteading, we have the land and the empty buildings. The bankers were already bailed out. If the people had gotten that money, we would each have gotten $350,000. I think that would have done MUCH MORE to stimulate the economy.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

A good idea sonsofliberty, but that dang wall of money and liability rears it's ugly face again. This idea would cut into the profits of some PTB, which is why the idea can't ever seem to get legs. Maybe this crisis will bring new light to some of these ideas as an effort to apply sensible and effective solutions. Equality and fairness? I wish........

spec
edit on 5-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

We all have to do what we came here to do. Tag. You are IT.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Reward Recycling: set up recycling centers to automatically dispense vouchers based on the weight of the recycled material (glass, paper and plastic). These vouchers could be used for public transportation and if you chose not to use the vouchers then they can be donated to homeless shelters for use therein.

Anything that puts a stop to landfill would be a welcome idea. And we need some massive robots to clean out these landfills that already exist (all the way to the bottom). I think once the massive robot cleans out the landfill it then builds a wildlife sanctuary on top of it.

More robots to sweep the oceans for that giant pile of swirling crap in the Pacific ocean. Damn we have a lot of clean up to do

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
While it seems mostly everything can be covered in the current forum provisions, since I have been here there have been numerous threads about innovative technology and ideas that can make for a better world. So I am proposing a new forum, perhaps titled, Ideas For A Better World. I think a forum dedicated to that would not only be a good idea, but perhaps a source for our growth as we try and make this world better and support a healthy future by replacing some current destructive technologies with better ones. We have a lot of great minds here and diligent researchers that could constantly be bringing new ideas to the table. WHo knows, maybe one day engineers, students and scientists can use ATS for a source of ideas.

Here are some threads that I did regarding innovative ideas and feel free to add some links to yours.

Thanks and peace,
spec

Green City With A Brain
Sunshine Melts A Rock
Portable Water Desalinaization Technology
Bio Fuel Cells Powered With Energy Drinks
Wind Power, Personal and Portable
Gasoline From Air? Plant Enzymes Used To Power Car
New Solar Cells First To Produce Electricity From Heat And Light
Poo Powered Car Seen On The Streets Of Bristol
Rocket Powered Helicopter Emits Water Only

edit on 4-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: change title

You are inside the think tank! Thanks for grouping these things together.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Tag. You are IT.

No way man, I listed 9 ideas so I am 8 up on you, you are STILL it!

However, I will take the opportunity and mention the benefit and importance of keeping your money local when possible, as in buying food and goods made in your area. There has been a resurgence of interest in local farmer's markets, which provide both food and jobs, and GOOD food at that.
So this is one thing we can do,imo to make for a better community.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

You are welcome drkid
Thank you for the reply...

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Any input from Admin? Just curious what you may think...
Thanks

spec
edit on 6-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join