It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't Americans leave? (Insurgent Commander)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
In reply to both Oozyism and Falsely Flagged:

Big money to be made? Yes.

Corruption to the core? Yes.

But that STILL is not to say that the occupation in Afghanistan is not being conducted in the interests (as TPTB see it) of the American people.

We know a lot less than the U.S. State Department about what is really going on, and what interests are really at stake. Afghanistan is rich in opium poppies, which help fund American black budget operations - the same operations that give America it's vast military-technological superiority over other nations. Which keeps the world cowed in fear and allows the $ to remain high - meaning increased buying power for American citizens.

Or the fact that Afghanistan lies at the very heart of Central Asia - an area of vast but relatively untapped oil and mineral wealth - which could, with continued occupation, eventually be used to keep America one step ahead of its global competitors in the Energy War.

All I am saying is that it is one thing to say that the war in Afghanistan is immoral, corrupt, and unconscionable - but it is an entirely different thing to say that the American people receive no benefit from it. The very act of projecting force - in whatever manner and for whatever reason - keeps the U.S. on top of the game, and makes their competitors hesitant to strike a fatal financial blow.

I'm playing Devil's Advocate here, since I really don't beleive it, but it is definitely possible that the wars, the conspiracies, the black budget, the drug dealing - all of it could be being done in the interests of keeping America alone as the world's dominant superpower.

A quick example: Everyone always talks about the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) and the Project for a New American Century that planned out 9/11 as a way to catalyze public support for a war in the middle east.

Question: Has anyone here actually bothered to read any of their papers? Anyone read Kissinger's books on neo-realist justifications for these kind of wars?

Know thy enemy, my friends...

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Any country that isn't under the boot of another is better off, period.

Afghanistan is America's 2nd Vietnam, and it's turning into that for my fellow Canadian soldiers as well. You can't fight terrorism with an army, because terrorism doesn't have an army.

They have an idea.

Ideas aren't fought with guns and knives.

The sooner America realizes that the goal of terrorists is to bankrupt them, and that they've won, the better off the world will be.

~Keeper
edit on 11/26/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

CIA runs a lot of it, and this is ALL by design to make war profiteers money, and make world banks money, and to ruin what is left of America. As an American, we are dead, controlled, dying, etc. Likely, the NWO has other plans. Such as a huge chemical attack, or other exotic weapons to "Remove the mice" as they see them after they served their purpose. That is the meat grinder of empires. How many need to realize; you can nuke it, SCORCH it, but you won't own the people there, EVER. Not as long as they are alive.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

a recent CIA report put the figure in Afghanistan at around 100 (not including their non-Taliban followers) - which makes it 1,000 American soldiers per 1 Taliban.

answers.yahoo.com...
ummm
I had heard about this report
umm what is wrong with this picture?
of course this doesn't include the amount of contracters either

Ps Pat Tillman wasn't taliban so maybe the US army has to stop shooting itself and claiming it was the Taliban as Bush did until he was so roodly contradicted by his own generals and doctors and the actual truth....

Im sure there are links to the cia report out there somewhere i was in a hurry so i just posted the first reference to it that I saw
edit on 27-11-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
reply to post by oozyism

Is that a serious question?

Yes??

If the US government do not care about US interests, who do they care about? Whose interests do they have in hand?

If the US government doesn't care for American interests, then that equates to deep corruption. That means the politicians pockets are tied.

Welcome to reality my friend.

They care about the interests of corporations and themselves. Didn't you get the memo?

posted on Nov, 28 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Let me think as to why the US does not go home: Oh I know, turn over Osama Bin Ladin to stand trial for mass murder, and terrorist acts, lay down your weapons and surrender and sign a contract stating that you will never ever again make war, then wait peacefully for the rebuilding to happen and remain peaceful. Personally I think the entire war could have been won by now, but simply changing the rules of engagement and letting loose the full might of the US military forces, no holds bar, just out right in one day, 2 years later the troops come home. But no, the Taliban has to fight back, and shield Al Queida from justice, so there you go, want the US to go home? Surrender and agree to the terms of that surrender, would be the first step.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That terrorist questioning us isnt dead yet,that's why we havent left yet.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join