It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information on Jihad Textbooks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I found this intersting article on Egyptian textbooks which provides more information on the use and history of jihadist themes in arab text books. I was
surprised to find that this is not a new practice it goes back to the 1800's. If your interested just check out the link...

www.frontpagemag.com...

A "mock beheading" video located at radical Sheikh Abu Hamza's website (www.shareeah.org ), which featured three young Muslim boys who pretended to behead a fourth 1, has elicited the appropriate public revulsion. But little fanfare, let alone outrage, has accompanied the release of a detailed study of Egyptian children's textbooks, whose inculcation of anti-infidel hatred is potentially far more damaging. 2 For example, explicit sanctioning for jihad-related beheadings is provided in a seemingly pedestrian manner,

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There are also some useful links on that page to provide more info....

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
You should read some of the Iraqi schoolbooks. From what I've gathered, those books are nationalist propaganda, even going so far as to say that Saddam invented flight!

On the other side of the coin, have we examined our own country's textbooks? Are you sure there's no Christian values built into those books? Are you sure there's no revisionist history going on in there? History, as taught by the current crop of professors, seems to focus more on rewriting and "adjusting" history to teach a moral lesson, rather than accurately conveying the facts, or at least our current understanding of them.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Historical accuracy is something that should be more important to people all over the world. I know that our textbooks have changed quite a bit since the 1950's for example. I'm sure the Iraqi kids will be learning from very different sounding texts soon enough too.

join