It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Method to erase traumatic memories may be on the horizon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Originally posted by Advantage
One man I dealt with was better off than others so I asked.. why? HE said that it was an unjust war and the brain and emotions cant handle it. He was not antiAmerican or anti war.. and was very very clear on that. It that these wars we are engaged in arent being fought or handled like wars and your are killing those you have previously befriended. The horrors arent any differnt than any other war obviously,but the methods are.. and these methods are destroying our military. Active haev few resources and they are afraid to 4f.. so they dont seek help even when they know they need it.

We're in a mess and Im looking forward to ANYTHING that can help these soldiers.

Well I can tell you that the right answer is not doing away with memories. The right answer is doing away with unjust wars!

ETA: And, if you do away with soldiers' memories of such things, then doesn't that proliferate the ability of governments to have unjust wars? Think about it... if you erase the memories of the people there, then no one will know!
edit on 23/11/2010 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

Hah.. I definitely agree! Unfortunately we need to offer SOME kind of relief to the folks suffering until the govt and world regains its rational mind. Somehow I dont see that happening any time soon but I do see the numbers exploding of those who are losing their lives or are ticking time bombs skyrocketing.

I dont know what to do and Im in no position to even put into action a correct method to handle this.. I wish I were.. but we have to take what we can get. I can tell you for a fact that the number of victims who will chose to forget and live will astound you. If you havent met anyone int he midst of psychic pain during an episode.. you really cant comprehend how horrible this is.

The arguments are that the soldiers now are weaker than the old soldiers in past wars.. you know.. I dont care what these peripheral ideas are. I see an action ( unjust war or the particular method of battle now) and a result ( incredible numbers of shattered humans and families).. thats what should be looked at IMO.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Method to erase traumatic memories may be on the horizon

www.baltimoresun.com

Soldiers haunted by scenes of war and victims scarred by violence may wish they could wipe the memories from their minds. Researchers at the Johns Hopkins University say that may someday be possible.

A commercial drug remains far off — and its use would be subject to many ethical and practical questions. But scientists have laid a foundation with their discovery that proteins can be removed from the brain's fear center to erase memories forever.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Aliens already have that tech.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Ask Bob Lazar.
This has been available to gov't for a long, long time.

beat me to it

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
...i read about this several years ago... so, its not new - just repackaged, recirculated...

...as promoted, many people see it as a good thing, especially people who have been suffering - but - whether or not it really helps is entirely speculative now and will be for decades...

...imo, this is a weapon, not medicine...

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
They have been working on this for years now.

Drug to erase memory- Eternal Sunshine

McGill Scientists Aim to Rewire Traumatic Thoughts (Real Mind Control!)

I swear there was another thread about this same thing last year, but the search on ATS has always been sort of bad in my opinion. I say that because I recall participating in another thread about a pill doing this in the last year or so, yet I cannot find it.

I will say that I do not agree with the idea. Yes, traumatic memories are bad and they hurt, but without our past we would not be who we are today. I have had horrible things take place in my past, if I forget them though I forget a part of who I am.

I might have to deal with bad memories to remain who I am and they might hurt me from time to time but that is better than getting a part of me removed.

My main fear is that if we start to work in this direction we will venture into an even more dangerous direction of mind erasing and the making of human drones.

Raist

[Post posted in other existing thread as well]
edit on 11/23/10 by Raist because: fixed link

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Personally, I think this direction is a big mistake.

In my line of work for the past 20 years or so I learned that the most effective way to free ourselves from our issues in the past is to actually allow ourselves to be fully in the Feeling we are trying so hard to suppress.. to allow it to wash over us, to fill us, to smash us about until it naturally fades away. This cannot be done by focusing in the mind, it can only be achieved by focusing ansd forcefully stayinginside the Feeling we did not want to feel, and therefore suppressed.

I found that we get a core image come into our mind when we do this process correctly, and we can then discard the core image.. the place the suppressed Feeling began for us. In this way people free themselves from their horrific emotional injuries, their painful memories and suppressed emotional issue, etc.

So to take these things away from us via a process or drugs is to prevent us from Healing within ourselves. This will provide for more psychotic episodes for those in these experiments as the memory cannot be erased, so it will have roots that will grow back over time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join