It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Future of Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I suspect in the future people will realize that we need multiple government within one territory operating at the same time.

That means governments should be operating like businesses, and offer their services, who ever chooses to be part of that government, can, based on what they have to offer.

That is true Capitalistic governance, not the BS dictatorship they implemented on us, where we can choose one dictator for four years, or a period of time, using majority/minority BS.

That is not that short from dictatorship, it just touches the bottom of dictatorship, just creating the illusion of free will.

Every individual should be allowed to choose his/her government.

We don't need no representatives, that is just BS.

Let's make something out of this thread, put forward your ideas, and some details of how such a system would operate, and what the flaws of such a system would be.

Thoughts.

oz

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
interesting theory, do not quite know how it would work but I guess what we have right now does not work too.
i envision or rather hope that the only politics we will see in the future is consigned to the history books as we have found a better, fairer, more workable system.

Peace
edit on 22/11/2010 by LestatG because: porr morning blurry eyed spelling

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The only thing we need a Federal Government for is to protect the States from invasion.

Not only did they fail that 1 core task, they've been helping the invaders rob, pillage, murder, maim, and destroy us.

Would we be better off with contracting out the Federal Government??

The people create articles of surrender and elect Germany to be our Federal Government for example? Doesn't seem to far fetched...what we have today thinks we are their enemy and hates us.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I will give you an example of how it should work..

For example

I will create an agreement with you that if you rob me, your punishment should be your hand get cut off, and if I rob you, my hand should get cut off.

Then from that agreement, we find a government to enforce our agreement.

In this sense, true freedom comes to light.

Hence

Everyone will be able to live how they want, that means everyone, not the majority/minority..

I hope that explains a little bit of what I mean.

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Personally I think the approach you have outliined is very risky as that means all types of human depravity (the minority) could not only become legal, but potentially a legal obligation.. E.g those who like little children in an unhealthy way will be able to set up their own gov and make liking children in a unhealthy way not only legal but a legal obligation..

Now that premise sends shivers down my spine..
edit on 22/11/10 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

All we need for a true democracy is to abolish party politics..
We need to elect independant reps that are there as our voice.

Some argue that this slows down decision making but is that really a bad thing??
How many new laws do we need or how many old laws need changing??

I think with the party system Government changes too many things way to quickly..

TRUE democracy is the way..IMHO..

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

That is a sad future.

posted on Dec, 1 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
That is relatively similar to the function of the United States under the Articles of Confederation. The federal government had very little, virtually no rule over domestic but only managed foreign issues while the states managed the domestic issues within their own jurisdiction. If you did not support the policies of one state you could move to another state.

The United States as outlined in the US Constitution is similar when not interpreted by despots and with original intent. The federal government does only what the Constitution states they can do, the States only do what the national Constitution and the state Constitution says, and the rest is handed down to the individuals.

It is a form of radical decentralization, maximization of individual liberty, enforcement and acknowledgement of the Social Contract, and both federal representation for the people and the state (House and Senate, respectively). Everything that is not a foreign or multi-state issue was handled by the local communities, state governments, and individuals.

Government however was not formed to function as a corporation and I would never want it to either.

new topics

top topics

join