It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Many hopeful about Russian scientist’s anti-aging drug"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I'm not in the know of what's currently happening in the world of medicine, but I just read about Vladimir Skulachev's anti-aging drug on RT.com and it sounds quite intriguing. I made a search but couldn't find a post talking about this. Here it is:

Source on RT

It looks complicated and it certainly is. For Vladimir Skulachev it is almost a life's work. Two more years of testing and the doctor thinks he will have finally cracked the enigma of aging. Apparently it's all about how oxygen reacts in the body.
“99% of the time oxygen turns into harmless water, but there's that one percent that turns into a super-oxide that later turns into very poisonous elements,” Vladimir Skulachev, Professor of Bioenergetics, reveals.

“So the task was to find an anti-oxidant that stops that process.”

After success with eye drops in animals, the inventor tried the medicine on his own cataract. Six months later, his physician told him his cataract was gone. Thousands are queuing to take part in the clinical trials, which have just begun.
But it will be a few years before Dr Skulachev's discovery reaches the shelves of an average pharmacy. Some have already dubbed the drug a panacea.
And if it lives up to its promise, the treatment should have an effect on the diseases of aging and bring with it the prospect of a longer and better quality of life.

The article wasn't exactly precise and as someone who doesn't know much about medicine, I don't really what the drug would prevent. Still, something to prevent us from getting the age related diseases would be fantastic.

I'm curious to hear your reaction!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I hope It works out better then the currently prescribed anti aging pill that is most prescribed around the world to prevent aging.
We could use the bullets for fishing sinkers instead.

I wonder when they will come out with a pill that will cause maturity.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a longer life dosnt mean more quality.....its just something for the allready rich ..

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Funny I was looking for information in this subject today. Specifically related to a TV show I watched showing research associated with the longevity in rats for future human drugs. But I couldn't remember the damn scientist, show or research facility. I definitely need these new drugs (memory is the first thing to go).

Thank you very much for sharing!

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
a longer life dosnt mean more quality.....its just something for the allready rich ..

That's the statement flying through my head as well. Yet, there's talk about being less prone to get diseases due to aging. If people can hang on to their health and fitness for longer (even if the maximum age you attain doesn't go up) you will therefore have more years to spend doing otherwise taxing activities.

That does qualify for more quality.

Still, there's very little info to go on, unless people find more specifics.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Rense.com has been pushing a suppliment made from some jelly fish protien that sounds like it has promise.
They claim University studies show that there is a significant improvement in brain cell mortality in over 29-ish people. Like a 5o percent improvement.

Reading and radio as opposed to "brain dead TV keep your brain going longer.

Now they know that certain pillls like a certain over the counter pain killer cause organ death, I'd say off the top, the best current anti aging pill is no pill at all.

The only reason the Big Pharma wants to keep you alive for a lttle while longer would be to suck up any loot that you might have wanted to leave to your kids.
Well after the new death Taxes about to kick in in the US...

Oh wait....Thats why its the Russians developing this.....

top topics

join