It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get out of my thread!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Some of our more 'transcendental' posters are also operating on a 'higher vibrational frequency' and all but need to get their quick tempers out of the lower densities.

Wow! Those words really resonate with me brother! That energised my Chakra's!

Peace

IRM

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

sputniksteve,

One of the best things to do is ignore off topic replies and harsh angry ones by not replying back. And others who come on the thread should do the same. People that want to grit it out on another one should do it by U2U and keep from trashing up a good thread.. There is trash threads in the first place, well it sure will go on there for sure and may be stopped by the moderators. We live and let live and work around the obnoxious ones.

Truthiron.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
[snip]
But telling me to get out of your thread because I don't agree with your premise or because I feel a different way about a topic? Assuming I am being cordial and not abusive, do you all want/expect this to be a place where you can dictate who discussed things in "your" threads? I have never ever been one to throw around the "deny ignorance" slogan, but I believe statements like "Those of you that don't agree with me, get out of here" is as ignorant as you can possibly get. [/snip]

I agree with you with one caveat...

There appears to be quite a few members whom love to cause trouble, they will work within the T's&C's just below the line to a point where their posts are inflammatory and derogative.

These members get off on making the other person angry by coaxing them into enflamed arguments. This is often done by intentionally picking apart the post in micro detail then throwing back points that no longer relate to the entire post.

I have seen this technique used many times here, taking words out of the context they were meant and derailing the thread making out you are stating something you were not.

I have a word for these people, though I am not allowed to utter it here

The Mods do an incredible job if you take into account the size of the board, but they are only human and only have so much time in the day, so often issues take time to resolve.

So I agree with you, valid arguments are the reason we post threads here on ATS, it's what makes things interesting.... But there is also to consider the infantile members whose only goal appears to be aggravation!!

Korg.

<< 1   >>

join