It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Everything is a MISSILE!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It seems that the LA incident has caused every contrail/bird/etc. to be sensationalized as a missile. The LA Missile has caused a domino effect... something that caused interest has led to everything being a possible missile.

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
It seems that the LA incident has caused every contrail/bird/etc. to be sensationalized as a missile.

Well no worries. I am sure that the Galactic Federation of Light will soon be making a comeback... and in a few months we will be all swamped by the latest crop circles again.

Since Obama won't let NASA go back to the Moon, and the Mars effort will be in 25 years I might as well hang up my hat and go back to playing with swords. I'll be dead before they get anywhere. I don't really see landing on an asteroid as an exciting goal

I do have some great anomalies in the LRO images... maybe I will do a few of those

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I think I'm going to release some glow in the dark balloons outside right now ever so innocently and hopefully someone will snap some picks (me) and they will be posted on ATS... then surely all will be normal again in the UFO world and they won't be considered missiles ( or would they?). Yes, I'm considering perpetuating this [HOAX]. Either I do it, or I get someone good at [Hoax]es to do it (i.e., Wayne Herschel, Blossom Goodchild, etc.)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This site has some great finds and some really interesting content, but.....claiming everything in the sky is either a missile or alien UFO makes fools of us all. Some of us want to look into the real mysteries, not be bombarded by crap that must be sifted through to find the nugget of gold.

Thanks OP, this thread has addressed a very real issue her on ATS. Sadly I don't think it will stop conclusion jumping.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
In the past week, I have seen a ridiculous number of 'missile' reports. Seriously? I don't think before this week I have ever heard of 'missiles' in our skies. All of a sudden, we have missiles all over North America?

This is exactly how UFO Flaps are created. It's the 'me too' personalities that create all the fake reports and confusion. Put simply, people are not to be trusted. Especially on the internet where there is zero accountability.

IRM :shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Since Obama won't let NASA go back to the Moon, and the Mars effort will be in 25 years I might as well hang up my hat and go back to playing with swords. I'll be dead before they get anywhere.

What a depressing thought Z.

IRM

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

This is exactly how UFO Flaps are created. It's the 'me too' personalities that create all the fake reports and confusion. Put simply, people are not to be trusted. Especially on the internet where there is zero accountability.

I started a thread about this very idea here.
The fact that new threads keep popping up about this "incident" reveals a great deal about belief driven as opposed to evidence driven thinking.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I started a thread about this very idea here.
The fact that new threads keep popping up about this "incident" reveals a great deal about belief driven as opposed to evidence driven thinking.

Well starting ANOTHER thread just keeps attention on the subject..
How many threads is enough? I would have settled for the one, it's still there...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well starting ANOTHER thread just keeps attention on the subject..
How many threads is enough? I would have settled for the one, it's still there...

I started the thread three days ago, It does not rehash all the current misinformation, it makes observations on the propagation of the reports and compares them to to the "UFO flap" phenomenon. The original news report is entirely irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
As has been pointed out by others, it's seems that people who need to believe in things like this run off what they believe and ignore the facts the evidence tells them. The UFO community has been this way forever and a day, when something "juicy" pops up on the radar everyone starts to see it everywhere.

It could be a need to feel like you're part of or on top of the situation... In any case, it's the individual's right to ignore facts to keep their fiction alive within their own minds.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
As has been pointed out by others, it's seems that people who need to believe in things like this run off what they believe and ignore the facts the evidence tells them. The UFO community has been this way forever and a day, when something "juicy" pops up on the radar everyone starts to see it everywhere.

It could be a need to feel like you're part of or on top of the situation... In any case, it's the individual's right to ignore facts to keep their fiction alive within their own minds.

Springer...

After the huge boost in hits for ATS during this event have the numbers now dropped off??
It just seems to me here and in other similar threads you are attempting to reignite the debate..
In fact if someone else posted the same comment it may even be removed as being off topic..
It's not like you are adding anything to the actual discussion..

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well quite contrary to your assessment and apparently the OPs thats fine.......

Of course we know that not EVERYTHING is a missile ...........and this shouldnt be taken farther then the known accounts.......however

The few accounts that have been brought up, such as the Arizona case and the California case.....many of us....who are experienced in seeing missiles taking off and watching planes and military aircraft in flight can tell you........these were NOT aircraft.......

Phage, i respect your opinion and usually in areas dealing with most things that be phenomena celestial and otherwise , your advice is sound.........

However your wrong in this case......Im quite versed in military aircraft, im also quite experienced in watching test launches of weapons systems........

This is not an aircraft, atleast........not a manned one......these two incidents are authentic launches of a missile systems......

I will also state that I was in the immediate vicinity of the Arizona "case" which is strange to me because it got considerably less coverage and was a very VERY loud event.......

That being said..........I agree........dont let this turn into an issue like the UFO forum sightings, where EVERYTHING is a missile..........PLEASE........

There are quite enough things going on in the sky that can contribute to "look alikes: that need to be taken into account........lets not get into a panic and divert from the real mysteries that surround whats going on.......

For the love of god, we dont need another forum.........please........no "NWO MISSILE" forum

Thanks for looking out you guys.....good to see there are people who can see whats on the uptake

edit on 14-11-2010 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

And what are you adding to this discussion?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join