It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If animals spoke English, would you eat them?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
If animals spoke English, I would probably eat them anyway, UNLESS they were expressing themselves in a logical way as to denote intelligence and reason.
In that case I would make so many animal friends, but secretly I would most definitely be a closet carnivore.

Since most animals have a very highly developed sense of smell it is likley they would question why I always smell as though I have eaten flesh, In that case I would tell them it is a new perfume called "necrosis" by Kalvin Cline. That should stem the tide of annoying questions long enough for me to sneak off and enjoy the mouth watering fat dripping meats that my new found friends are so famous for.

GOD, I LOVE MY FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be turning me on a little. I know,... I know...I'm seeking help.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
No, I would not eat anything that can talk to me.

In the spirit of the upcoming American holiday of Thanksgiving...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1846b447a132.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

It's amazing something that is so ugly can be so beautiful when roasted to a golden brown, or lying between to pieces of bread.

My question is:
What would we do if both plants and animals spoke English?
Would we starve ourselves to death, or be like every other animal on earth an say Fk it, and do what has to be done?
Something to think about.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Heard of creating food from scratch, we can create meat from scratch can't we?

Technology has brought us so much solutions to so many problems, but we fear the unknown.

We need to spend money on those areas rather than military weapons, or bombs, or military planes, or how to torture each other more effectively.

I can bet that some world governments spend more money on those areas rather than some fundamental problems we have in the world.

It makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Technology has brought us so much solutions to so many problems, but we fear the unknown.

We need to spend money on those areas rather than military weapons, or bombs, or military planes, or how to torture each other more effectively.

I can bet that some world governments spend more money on those areas rather than some fundamental problems we have in the world.

It makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

It makes me sick.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

i dont' think it has much to do with intelligence. i think it has to do with me being a human they not being humans. animals are superior to humans in many ways, i agree. but we're talking about would i choose to eat an animal if it spoke english. i would, just like i'm sure a bear would eat me despite my english ability haha. if it's not human i would eat it.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Those slain by the sword are better off
Than those who die of hunger;
For these pine away,
Stricken for lack of the fruits of the field.
The hands of the compassionate women
Have cooked their own children;
They became food for them
In the destruction of the daughter of my people.-Lamentations4

And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?-Numbers22
edit on 8-11-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

If that was the Case , I would ask them first if was OK to Eat them , and if they said No , then I guess I would have to become a Vegetarian or Find an Animal I could Eat that Lost it's Power of Speech..............

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by oozyism

i dont' think it has much to do with intelligence. i think it has to do with me being a human they not being humans. animals are superior to humans in many ways, i agree. but we're talking about would i choose to eat an animal if it spoke english. i would, just like i'm sure a bear would eat me despite my english ability haha. if it's not human i would eat it.

Interesting perspective.

Then you might ask, what is it that makes you human? Is it just the biology? The Chemistry? The number of Chromosomes? The Consciousness? ETC>?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

all of the above, plus some. we can debate around the margins of fetuses, human intelligence absent a body, etc, but i think its safe to say a cow or bear or monkey is not a human.

we might be linked to animals on some deeper spiritual level and it might be wrong to kill and eat them, but i just haven't heard a good argument for that yet. beyond the fact that we should kill them as painlessly as possible and not torture them.
edit on 8-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

all of the above, plus some. we can debate around the margins of fetuses, human intelligence absent a body, etc, but i think its safe to say a cow or bear or monkey is not a human.

we might be linked to animals on some deeper spiritual level and it might be wrong to kill and eat them, but i just haven't heard a good argument for that yet. beyond the fact that we should kill them as painlessly as possible and not torture them.
edit on 8-11-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

Good enough..

I'm just trying to entertain my soul

Anyways, here's a thought.

What if someone had surgery to look like a cow, would you eat him/her?

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

LOL. that's a good one. hmmmm....would i eat a man-cow? well in order for a person to undergo that surgery they'd have to be crazy, and therefore the cow would be a mad-cow. so no, i would not because i'm scared of mad cow disease

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

LOL. that's a good one. hmmmm....would i eat a man-cow? well in order for a person to undergo that surgery they'd have to be crazy, and therefore the cow would be a mad-cow. so no, i would not because i'm scared of mad cow disease

You have an answer for everything don't ya

Nice talking to you ..

GG

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
evolution has made us to eat meat.
or we could not eat it.
if you had been 6 days with no food?
I think you could eat it.
it has been proven plants feel pain.
but you refuse to belive that.
vegies feel so good!!!