It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Thwarted Bomb Plot, US Military Operations in Yemen Could Intensify (CIA)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

After Thwarted Bomb Plot, US Military Operations in Yemen Could Intensify (CIA)!

www.democracynow.org

After the discovery of two parcel bombs from Yemen in Chicago-bound air cargo last week, the Obama administration is reportedly considering sending elite hunter-killer teams into Yemen to assassinate militants. One plan being considered would see US special forces units sent into Yemen under CIA control, which would give the US greater leeway to strike without the explicit blessing of the Yemeni government. We speak to Wired magazine senior reporter Spencer Ackerman.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thenation.com

www.arabmonitor.info

Growing support for CIA control of special forces: report

Unmanned Drones Causing Fear In Yemen

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Fight the Real Enemy - Package bombs prove that al-Qaida isn't our most serious security challenge.

U.S. concerned about former Guantanamo prisoners in Yemen

edit on 2-11-2010 by GoodLuckCharm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sorry about posting so much about Yemen, but this is interesting, and could be big news. The CIA wants to go into Yemen. There seems to be very little debate going on about this, CIA as usual is just doing what it wants. They are already there according to some sources, via JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) assassination teams and military drones.

Pentagon is denying the reports, but back in january Dana Priest of Washington Post said that these efforts were already underway.

Another link: firedoglake.com...

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Videos:

U.S. Military Operations in Yemen Could Intensify - Democracy NOW!

Yemenis unnerved by unmanned drones

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Your probably right. and its just a coincidence that this has surfaced.

www.upi.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Wow, the rabbit hole deepens. Could be a coincidence that this is all happening together, but as far as possible conspiracys go, this one might have something to it. In that they are going there for something other than national security. Not fully sure what is going on at this point.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Support is growing in the US military and administration of President Barack Obama for shifting to the CIA operational control over elite special forces teams secretly in Yemen, The Wall Street Journal reported Monday.

In addition to streamlining the launching of strikes, it would allow the Yemeni government deniability because the CIA operations would be covert, The Journal said.

?!?!?!?!?!

How the hell can you talk about future operations being secret, am I the only one who thinks that this is utterly ludicrous?

"Hey guys, we've just formed a top-secret unit to be used for assassinations and clandestine HUMINT in Yemen, but shhh we don't want anyone to know about it. Did I mention that it's top-secret? We're going to kill the terrorists."

It makes no sense at all, that is unless their intention is to send a message saying "We're coming for you, so feel free to bugger off somewhere else so we can send some troops there in a few years time". This kind of thing doesn't come out accidently.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
David Cameron has been running his mouth recently and said yesterday that he would ''take every step to cut out the terrorist cancer that lurks in the Arabian Peninsula''. Strong words, most would take that as some kind of invasion,either an intellegence led operation in Yemen, or simply dumping some troops there to fight the "terrorists".

I dont want this, and I hope other country's stand up to these atrocious invasions. we have all had enough of this crap, fighting an invisible enemy. Thousands of civvilians killed, hundreds of troops. when we should be putting this effort into securing the UK, stamping out all terrorist links here, more Intelligence,less fighting.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Gee, I guess those suspicious looking printer ink cartridges won't destroy themselves.

Seriously though, Iran has proven to be a catch-22; leave Iraq and it will fall under Iranian influence, or invade Iran and basically start a real global war between religions.

Yemen seems like a much easier target for Obama. It's not like drones are threatened by the mighty Yemeni Airforce (do they even have one?). At the same time, this provides jobs to Americans building or selling the missiles to do all of this. Think of the economy above the lives of these dangerous Yemin terrorists.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodLuckCharm
reply to post by remymartin

Wow, the rabbit hole deepens. Could be a coincidence that this is all happening together, but as far as possible conspiracys go, this one might have something to it. In that they are going there for something other than national security. Not fully sure what is going on at this point.

I read some articles a while back about the geopolitical advantages of Yemen and Somalia. The one thing they have in common is the chokepoint they have with the Red Sea. Although Djibouti is the primary African chokepoint (horn of Africa) it is a Somali puppet. Somali pirates patrol those waters. This chokepoint is detrimental to Saudi Arabia as it is a primary shipping lane for oil tankers. It doesn't surprise me that the CIA played the lame AlQaida card in order to eliminate the non-players in the global oil agenda. On a side note, the other end of the Red Sea is the locks controlled by Egypt, and Israel and other naval forced use those locks to enter into middle east territories. It's an ugly political puzzle over there.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
And the British presence has been ratted out too, really smart..

For almost two years, since CIA director Leon Panetta warned that Yemen could become a "safe haven for al-Qa'ida", British special forces have been operating in the country "in significant numbers".

Defence chiefs relocated several Special Air Service (SAS) and Special Reconnaissance Regiment (SRR) soldiers from Afghanistan to Somalia and Yemen in 2009, amid concerns that the states were becoming alternative bases for Islamic extremists. Around 50 elite US military experts are training Yemeni counterterrorism forces – double last year's total.

The SAS unit is carrying out surveillance of young Britons believed to be travelling to Yemen and Somalia, but they are also working with US counterparts observing and "targeting" local terror suspects. The IoS understands that special forces have been based in nearby Djibouti, where the US has established the "Combined Joint Task Force – Horn of Africa" to counter the Islamist threat.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Is this really a just reason to pretty much start a new war? A couple of hidden bombs that were mailed to the US?

I know it's a terrible action, but anyone could have mailed those packages, it's not exactly difficult - all you need is a few stamps.

It's almost like if I made a suspicious looking bomb (not that I will or even know how), put it in a box, wrote an address in the US and gave it to the post office. When it's found by customs that's a justified reason to send the CIA and their armed drones to the EU? Not likely!

An above post pointed out where Yemen oil reserves are more than treble what was previously estimated. Those records were what the CIA had listed themselves. The story about more than treble the oil in reserve broke only 2 weeks ago, & already there's an opportunity to go in? It's more plausible an operative planted the bombs on purpose to cause this invasion rather than an al CIAduh terrorist. Who gains longterm in this?

I think the discovery gives them the right to create an investigation to the origin of the devices, but in no way do I see it as a justified reason to randomly blow up another country looking for a few boogeymen again (and giving more contracts to Haliburton, Blackwater & co. in the process)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
lol they have been teaming for a war since the end of iraq. Its funny how a number of attack ships were sent to the coast of yemen to tackle somalian pirates.
Theres already an army off the coast in my oppinion. This has been planned, executed, and is now in full swing. There is no question of if the US will attack yemen....its more a question of when?
The girl they tried to set up is innocent...the stories keep changing...false flag in progress

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Of course these bombs are a non-threat. Just look at the Club-K; for under $50 mill a piece, you can by a cargo container with four satellite-guided cruise missiles that can be remotely launched from cargo ships/trucks/trains/the ground. $50 mill is chump change if the buyer has serious intentions.

join