It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other Secret Societies than the Masons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am interested in the Masons and have petitioned myself but come on...there are a ton of posts about the Masons and very littel attention given to other groups...

Unless the Masons have a strangle hold on all of the secret societies and they are just fronts to recruit more Masons?!?!?!
- That was a joke by the way...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
F&A Masonry is not a secret society. good luck finding a real secret society to join, these groups are very secretive, from there members to there meeting places. masons are proud of what they are and they meeting places and times are far from secret. as far as joining other social fraternities your only real choices are order of the eastern star, which accepts men and women and is closely linked to masonry. there is also knights of columbus, which is catholic. once your grow in masonary for a while there are plenty of directions to go in.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I am not saying that I want to find all of these "secret societies" I am just commenting on the fact that the board has a lot of discussion about the Masons and not so much attention to other socieities.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Being a 3rd degree knight in the Knights of Columbus I can say they are far from a secret society. The only secrets we have is our ceremonies and that is so nothing is ruined for the next guy. Also there is no war between knights and masons as a matter of fact I know men in the KofC and freemasonry. I have friends that are masons and we dont hate each other. I am sure there are some "good old boy" clubs out there that can be regarded as secret societies but in every crowd there is a whistle blower and I havent heard one yet.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
it is probably because the masons are if not the largest one of the largest, and
most well known or publisized groups there is. from Stephen Knight to modern
day witch hunters all have written their opinions of Masonry. On the other side
of that coin you have on this board some of the most knowledgable people
i have ever had the pleasure of talking with.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

F&A Masonry is not a secret society.

You may be right but that is not certain. It has been said that there is an outer and inner circle of freemasonry that possibly goes beyond the 33rd degree. Maybe the Illuminati. It infiltrated freemasonry around the year 1776. It later went underground. Freemasonry would be the perfect hiding place and the system of degress can prepare one for being initiated into the Illuminati.

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Actually the Masons ARE a secret society, although I am sure you will all point out that we are not very good at keeping it a secret.

So far as truly "Secret societies" there are a very few.

The Skull and Crossbones, The Easter Rossecricians9sp?) and one or two others that are under the umberelly of the Church.

new topics

top topics

join