It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hidden Missile System Unknown To Feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

New Hidden Missile System Unknown To Feds

www.wsbtv.com

A Russian weapons company is marketing a new missile system that is hidden inside an ordinary shipping container. It can turn a ship, train or truck into a long range missile launcher. Channel Two Action News anchor Justin Farmer investigated the threat and found officials at the Port of Savannah had never heard of the Club K Missile system.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
To me, the fact that this completely mobile, complete missile system was unknown to port officials isn't really the worst of it. The missile system itself and the concept that this is totally mobile and can be deployed from the back of a big rig, ship, train, etc.. is the most frightening. Be sure to watch the video in the link, this changes things.

www.wsbtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This has been touched on before at ATS, very intelligent and simple design i say.

ATS thread 1
ATS thread 2

The question is are they already in the game

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So we have had the south african car defense system which features flame throwers on the underside of the car, we have the shock jacket, capable of delivering a tazer burst through the skin of the jacket to disable people, and now the missile launching container?
My opinion differs somewhat from that of the OP. I think that the most important thing about this issue is the fact that border and port authorities do not know about this. That is indefensible to be quite honest . These people are charged with the saftey and security of the ports, and what travels through them, and they dont know about covert missile systems ? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Its thier godamned JOB to know that crap, its why they get employed to look after the ports and the borders! My GOD what the hell are you paying them for ?

If I rolled up in a UK port, and asked them " Hey did you know about the missile system the Ruskies have been making and selling? It can turn your average looking cargo container into a fully functional missile silo, and launch platform?" and they just looked at me funny, I would be getting some people fired from thier jobs !

posted on Oct, 29 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You think that people not knowing about a missile system like this is worse than the missile system itself? I'm not saying that it's not bad that they didn't know about it, just that the damned system being sold in the first place is worse. I guess we're splitting hairs here though....

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

What I am trying to say , is that something existing and being sold is bad of course, but the threat it represents is only at its highest when no one knows that there is a threat at all.
For instance, people knowing that knives and guns are carried by unsavoury individuals can allow one a measure of foresight , to avoid an area containing that threat, and it can allow the police to go looking for these things and take them away from individuals who pose a threat because of thier access to these weapons, and thier character flaws. But those individuals would pose a greater threat if no one knew they were dangerous people, with knives and guns and head full of hellspawned thought processes.
So sure, its terrible that someone would go out and make this weapons platform, but a measure of its lethality can be mitigated with good intelligence, giving the authorities the best chance of catching anyone transporting or intending the use of this sort of covert weapon. I guess what I am saying , is that the only thing security services need to worry about is the threats they DONT check for .

new topics

top topics

join