It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we causing Disclosure or are we just Observing it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It's kind of a catch 22.

A) If we are causing disclosure and disclosure is bad then we should remain quiet.

B) If we are causing disclosure and disclosure is good then we should continue to speak.

C) If we are just observing and commenting on disclosure, whether it is good or bad, then whatever we do is irrelevant.

D) If C holds true and everything is irrelevant then why should we bother doing anything?
edit on 17-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

E) All of the above
edit on 17-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think disclosure is what people want, and so they see what they want to see even if something isn't there.
It is kind of a self fulfilling prophesy, and Im not sure anyone has definitively proven that UFOs are extraterrestrial in origin.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Or is there just a potential to use the concept of disclosure as a behavioral modification tool in order to get people to fall into line, relinquish a few more freedoms, and play nice?

The fear of God kept the population in line for a long, long time.... Imagine what could be done with the fear of an alien species...

They're like God - only with guns and the threat of showing up at any given moment.

Welcome to the new world religion!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
I think disclosure is what people want, and so they see what they want to see even if something isn't there.
It is kind of a self fulfilling prophesy, and Im not sure anyone has definitively proven that UFOs are n extraterrestrial in origin.

I agree with this statement. Alot of people want disclosure, whether or not disclosure is there to be had. I myself have wished for that day since i was about 10 years old. Thats over 20 years ago. I know there are people who have waited for it for alot longer. I saw a thread a few days ago about how humans are not ready for disclosure, and I though wow did someone really say that. Upon reading the source I realized that nothing actually was said about disclosure. Disclosure has become such a hot button word in our community. Personally I believe that disclosure will never occur, until it becomes impossible to deny any longer.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Ohhh...Hefficide, great point! I had not thought about comparing the past Church to the NWO before, but it certainly seems like a perfect analogy now! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Well I figures someone would have flamed me for what I said, thanks for understanding.

I dont want anyone to get me wrong, I certainly believe in ET and would love to have inter species communication and relations but personally I think people are waiting in vain.

About 50 years ago people were waiting for the rapture too and even going so far as to predict the event. Not because they actually knew when it would happen by having inside information with a deity, but because they desired it. Extremes of this can be seen in the heavens gate cult I believe it was.

Honestly People are looking toward disclosure to fill a gap in their lives. I think people also look to ET as some kind of technological savior that is going to bring us out of darkness. The last 6,000 years have been marked by people looking toward angels for the same thing. In the absents of superstition and myth, people have filled the void with science and the new mythology of aliens. Thats not to say they dont exist, but has anyone ever considered what it may take to get here, and are we worth the cost of observation?
edit on 17-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Funny you should mention that because noted psychiatrist Carl Jung said the same thing.
That basically the beliefs in ETs is essentially the new Myth in a world that looks to understand things beyond religion. Never the less it is still pursued with similar religious zeal.

I like this quote:

"In a universe whose size is beyond human imagining, where our world floats like a dust mote in the void of night, men have grown inconceivably lonely. We scan the time scale and the mechanisms of life itself for portents and sighs of the invisible. As the only thinking mammals on the planet -- perhaps the only thinking animals in the entire sidereal universe -- the burden of consciousness has grown heavy upon us. We watch the stars, but the signs are uncertain. We uncover the bones of the past and seek for our origins. There is a path there, but it appears to wander. The vagaries of the road may have a meaning, however; it is thus we torture ourselves."
-- Loren Eiseley, in The Immense Journey (1957)2110
edit on 17-10-2010 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Or is there just a potential to use the concept of disclosure as a behavioral modification tool in order to get people to fall into line, relinquish a few more freedoms, and play nice?

The fear of God kept the population in line for a long, long time.... Imagine what could be done with the fear of an alien species...

They're like God - only with guns and the threat of showing up at any given moment.

Welcome to the new world religion!

~Heff

So you think THEY are unfriendly.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think the more we begin to want disclosure, the more it will begin to happen. However the government will let us know about what they decide to, and they will tell us the absolute last down-to-the-wire moment we NEED to know, and they will not like it. If you think about it, the chances ETs just started showing up recently is highly unlikely. The oldest secrets are hardest to tell, and i have a suspicion that these doors have been closed for a loooonnngg time, and they government will crack them open before they let us kick them open.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I don't think anything about "them" per say, but as a student of human behavior I have dire suspicions about what "we" can do to one another in the name of "they".

It would be nothing for some politician to come onto the television, someday soon, and to say "We have received a message from aliens. And the aliens......" and then use this message - real or invented - to restructure society in just about any manner one could conceive of.

Imagine the old adage of the fifties housewife saying "Just wait until your father gets home!" and imagine that, in this case, "father" means a highly advanced alien civilization. The mind boggles about how this "threat" could be abused...

The aliens have warned us to eliminate our borders... BAM... no more national sovereignty.
The aliens are against property ownership... BAM... instant communism.
The aliens have said that we are killing ourselves with hydrocarbons.... BAM... cap in trade madness that we couldn't fathom.
The aliens demand that we slow down our population growth.... BAM... insta-eugenics.

The potential for abusing "disclosure" is staggering.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Honestly People are looking toward disclosure to fill a gap in their lives. I think people also look to ET as some kind of technological savior that is going to bring us out of darkness. The last 6,000 years have been marked by people looking toward angels for the same thing. In the absents of superstition and myth, people have filled the void with science and the new mythology of aliens. Thats not to say they dont exist, but has anyone ever considered what it may take to get here, and are we worth the cost of observation?

I agree with both your posts. I, IMO, feel people are looking for something that we may not see come to fruition in our lifetime. I also feel strongly the governments are keeping something hidden from the citizens of our planet. Is it big? Who knows, except the PTB. If it's not groundbreaking news, share it with us and let's move forward. Maybe they just have nothing to gain from disclosing anything at this time, or as some say, they have an interest, and will use it to their advantage. Time will tell.

I do believe in ET and UFO's, but I doubt our government will be forthcoming with information anytime soon. UNLESS their hand is forced by something undeniable. Are we worth the cost of observation? Depends on the price of meat on their home planet.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by retiredTxn

I agree with both your posts. I, IMO, feel people are looking for something that we may not see come to fruition in our lifetime. I also feel strongly the governments are keeping something hidden from the citizens of our planet. Is it big? Who knows, except the PTB. If it's not groundbreaking news, share it with us and let's move forward. Maybe they just have nothing to gain from disclosing anything at this time, or as some say, they have an interest, and will use it to their advantage. Time will tell.

I do believe in ET and UFO's, but I doubt our government will be forthcoming with information anytime soon. UNLESS their hand is forced by something undeniable. Are we worth the cost of observation? Depends on the price of meat on their home planet.

I couldnt agree with you more, it makes me wonder if theres another planet out there if they are having this same kind of debate there.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It would be nothing for some politician to come onto the television, someday soon, and to say "We have received a message from aliens. And the aliens......" and then use this message - real or invented - to restructure society in just about any manner one could conceive of.

Many say that THEY are already on this planet and THEY are just waiting to gain enough support before THEY make thier move.

Consider this frightening possibility

What is holding back the NWO
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I do think public awareness that we are not alone in the universe will further disclosure.

I do not think disclosure is a bad thing as long as we are allowed to learn of all the different civilizations out there.

Let's face it, if the government is pushed into disclosure by the people, the people learn of worlds that are a heck of a lot freer than earth is right now (and the less free it seems to get every day) the people of earth will leave this world in droves just like the people of earth went to America in the 19th and 20th century seeking a better future.

This in turn will force the earth to become freer or risk losing humanity to the stars.

new topics

top topics

join