It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK's Busiest Oil Refinery Blockaded for Five Hours (ATS Citizen Journalist Reports)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
We have technology that allows cars, trucks, etc.. to run off Hydro... We have cars, trucks, etc that can run off cooking oil.

Global Warming is a scam...

A top Scientist just quit the the Global Warming team due to the propaganda perpetrated towards the *People* for the up and coming Billions few will make concerning their lies.

There's some major reasons I don't agree with this protest...however 1 of the reasons has nothing to do with Fossil Fuels and Global Warming.

So what's the reason you don't aggree with the protest? The whole protest is about fossil fuels, nothing else.

Do you know how much has been damaged by oil on this earth? Do you know how many animals have died?

Simple as that.

Its about time we start to think of others rather than ourselves.

Wake up.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joshuadrooney
It's very easy to be angry when mummy and daddy line your pockets and paid for your wasted university education, meanwhile in the real world, nobody heard about this, and when I was there yesterday morning, nobody had any difficulty getting their petrol at the BP near me. What a bunch of pathetic, arrogant little middle class tossers.

I see. So you think that people of privilege shouldnt have a voice? And you are able to discern the level of privilege of these protesters,... how?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Can we Please STOP the Personal Sniping and get back On Topic.

UK's Busiest Oil Refinery Blockaded for Five Hours

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Good on them.

I've got much respect for any individual who is willing to get off their tail, kill the apathy and proactively engage in their interests. As much control as governments may have on their people, the power lies in numbers. If people weren't steered into inaction by the daily grind of work, media and life under such mentally repressive conditions; maybe we could overcome the apathy and self-pity that have crippled the masses.

TALK rarely changes anything with any permanence.

1,000,000 men marches, Boston tea parties, and other countless events change things.

On a related note, I'm looking forward to the rally to restore sanity in a couple weeks. Think I'll make the short trip up to participate. It's nothing revolutionary, but I think more positive will come of it than people think.

edit on 18-10-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
We have technology that allows cars, trucks, etc.. to run off Hydro... We have cars, trucks, etc that can run off cooking oil.

Global Warming is a scam...

A top Scientist just quit the the Global Warming team due to the propaganda perpetrated towards the *People* for the up and coming Billions few will make concerning their lies.

There's some major reasons I don't agree with this protest...however 1 of the reasons has nothing to do with Fossil Fuels and Global Warming.

HE WASN'T PART OF THE "Global Warming team". Get your facts straight, he has NO credibility.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Whilst I applaud the sheer brass neck of the protesters to confront the powers that be, within the echelons of'oil enforcement'! It just makes me wonder how , how easy it would be, for more nefarious groups to access these same sites? If we recall, the UK government did pledge to vastly increase security at these sites, in the wake of the 24/7 attacks. Has this been forgotten about now, or swept under the carpet, in the light of up and coming budget cuts?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join