It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Set to Release 400,000 Secret Iraq War Docs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

WikiLeaks is believed to be preparing to release around 400,000 classified Pentagon documents on the Iraq war this week, the Associated Foreign Press reported Friday.

The release, which could come as early as Sunday, will be the whistleblower website’s largest publication of classified materials to date, far exceeding its release in July of 77,000 U.S. military documents on the war in Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.aolnews.com

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I haven't seen much on Wikileaks as of late, so I apologize if this has been posted before.

I'm sure we're all curious as to what could be released. Here is another article on what may be released in the next couple of days.
(Excerpt below)

While it is unclear which documents WikiLeaks plans to release, officials in the Department of Defense believe they will likely be compiled from the "Significant Activities" files from the Iraq war, Wired reported.

According to GlobalSecurity.org, SigActs, as they are known, refer to "all incidents reported to Multi-National Force-Iraq (MNF-I) through daily Significant Activity Reports." In other words, the documents might contain information on potentially damning incidents in Iraq that were reported to the military, but not made public.

Wired also speculates that the documents might shed light on a range of issues, from possible instances of ethnic cleansing in Baghdad to lost U.S. guns to more secret U.S. prisons. A source also told Newsweek that some of the documents detail the involvement of U.S. forces in what was described as a "bloodbath."

It seems this is going to be quite the exciting week.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Wow, I just noticed the already existing thread on this same topic. Sorry for that massive fail on my part.

Please either delete this post or merge it with the other thread ... and please forgive my foolishness.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was gonna link and say already a thread, but that one was beat.. Better discussion here.

Anyways. I was watching news yesterday and heard a few stations mention wikileaks. I was suprised sorta. We'll see how it goes, but I feel popularity has dwindled since last release. I still am happy to hear they are releasing more. Though perhaps they should leave vital info such as troop location hush.. but I guess then people would call it propaganda..

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

We can't merge threads, but we can refer to them.

Let's please continue the discussion here:

top topics

join