It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temple of Elemental Evil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

What is it you ask?

The Temple of Elemental Evil (tagline: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure) is a computer role-playing game by now-defunct Troika Games. It is a re-creation of the classic Dungeons & Dragons adventure of the same name using the 3.5 edition rules. The game was published by Atari, the current and sole holder of the interactive rights of the Dungeons & Dragons franchise.[3] ToEE was released in autumn of 2003.

It's an older game now however its a really good RPG, not because the developers were awesome but because of the fan base which "fixed" the game and added a lot of new content.

It's a turn based RPG very engrossing can be hard, perhaps even too hard for total noobs as I read on forums where ppl whine about it, but it is very rewarding exprience, I am reinstalling it and getting it patched up and installing Circle of 8 Mod which is really sexy now with tons of new content.

If you had this game you should give it another go, if you don't you should get it for like 6 bucks from GOG.

But LYS how do I get it to work in that awesome fashion because the default game is bugggggggy.

GLAD YOU ASKED!

Install official Patch 1 and Official Patch 2, Just say NO to Patch 3.
Then install Circle of 8 Mod, you can go with regular or NC which has New Content.

But lys WHARS?!

Glad you asked:

Patch 1
Patch 2

Circle of 8 modpacks w Info

Screens of ToEE? nawww how bout a video instead its 2010 afterall...

Give it a chance imo.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Just so you know you put the patches in your ToEE folder and extract the co8 there as well... first thing you run ToEE Front-End X.

That will be how you run the game from hence forth.

Now when you start front end click on the co8 module and click activate; WARNING this will take up to 5 minutes just let it do its thing.

When that finishes I reccomend increases party size to 6, so you can make 6 guys cuz the npc chrs suuuuuck, also maximum hp per level and raise the lvl cap to 20.

ENJOY

edit on 15-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Srsly nobody? at all?

I know it isn't WoW or Guildwars but cmooooooooon! get yo rpg on!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

gog has alot of games i used to play many years ago. good to see its all working on win7 64 bit. i also want baldurs gate, icewind dale, and planescape torment. one day ill impulse buy them all.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mvirata

gog has alot of games i used to play many years ago. good to see its all working on win7 64 bit. i also want baldurs gate, icewind dale, and planescape torment. one day ill impulse buy them all.

Now heres a gamer!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

the one game they have is lords of magic special edition. that was one of my most favorite games i couldnt believe i saw it there.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The original AD&D campaign was great.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zedzedtopgrade

Yeah....until we freed the demon... That'll teach us to not actually SOLVE the puzzles...

Oops...

edit on 18-11-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join