It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO ? New video with genuine sounding commentary (Canberra Australia)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

They have recently left this comment below their video on ytube..

#
BlancaMulata
7 hours ago

Sorry if I wasted anyones time (I get a bit peeved watching vids like this myself as they are hard to see). I have seen many things that I have done my best to debunk as satellites, space junk, whatever. There are no "building lights" nearby (we may be the capital but we have no huge buildings here- its very rural) besides the OBVIOUS apartment block beside us there were no other visible lights....So Professors of the Universe, tell me what it is? I'm open to any plausible suggestions

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

I will inform the witness that we are all extremely civilised & polite & we would be thrilled to make her acquaintance in-thread.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

No need to lie to them. Invite them and tell them the truth. That they will be met with open arms of ridicule, derision, personal attacks and outright hostility. I mean, let's be serious about the kind of environment that is fostered here.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Reply to BlancaMulata's request: So Professors of the Universe, tell me what it is?
I'm open to any plausible suggestions-

Dear Blanca, I'm sorry to dissapoint you but you just videotaped a bright star not a
UFO. Please read my comments in page 1 and watch the videos I posted. Your
video is not a hoax just a confusion. I will be glad to show you many examples of
bright stars mistaken as UFOs, better luck next time. Case closed.

P.S. Not “profesor of the Universe”, just a UFO researcher with experience.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Per request of member see this post
edit on October 8th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I for one would be very interested to "hear" what the video maker has to say.
They sound reasonable and I think that if they do decide to come to ATS to chat about it's possible explanations, the least we can do is be reasonable in return.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I would like to second that. Although Free Spirit is of the opinion it is definitely a star I would still like to hear their side of the story in more detail. I am not convinced it is a star because of the squareness of the object although I guess that could be due to a focus effect .I have filmed scintillating stars before and never seen that square effect usually they look kind of fuzzy blinking different colours.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I would like to second that. Although Free Spirit is of the opinion it is definitely a star I would still like to hear their side of the story in more detail. I am not convinced it is a star because of the squareness of the object although I guess that could be due to a focus effect .I have filmed scintillating stars before and never seen that square effect usually they look kind of fuzzy blinking different colours.

As I said tarifa THIS VIDEO SHOWS A BRIGHT STAR, nothing else. I have seen many
videos in my years of research showing the same thing and I repeat this is a bright star.
I posted two videos as examples, one from the same place Canberra and the other one
of a bright star showing the same features and colors, I can provide more evidences but
first I ask you, what can you provide as evidence this is not a star but..... a UFO?

I would like you to bring some evidence, examples, something that make us give the benefit
of the doubt to this sighting, if you just say words it's not enough at this level, we need to
see examples don't you agree or some kind of analysis right? I checked again this video
in slow motion full screen and zooming, there is no doubt, IT IS A BRIGHT STAR.
Now let's talk about the feature that you are mentioning the supposed square shape that
the video shows. You already explained this to yourself in your comment I quoted here.
You said the out of focus effect, well yes it is but also the type of camera used and the
lens of the camera. You see pixelization in video images is tricky and may confuse
people due to the shapes produced. Take in consideration first of all the size of the
light, this is extremely important, it's a very small point of light against a deep black
backkground, do you know how this difference will affect the camera lens when trying
to detect the little point of light. This is not an advanced videocamera high definition
with a powerful zoom, just an ordinary videocamera wich images the same witness
apologized for the bad quality so what do we have here?

How can anybody claim this is a real UFO, based in what evidence for that extremely
small point of light. You know Ufology has certain requirements, certain standards to
consider a UFO sighting video evidence valuable to deserve an investigation, this video
shows not enough elements to be considered a UFO sighting but just an ordinary star
wich happens to be suspicious because it's bright but the video tells the exact story of
a very dubious sighting of something extremely small and far to make a claim that
this is a UFO craft. On the other hand I explained about the change of colors in this
case a feature that supports the position this is a bright star and I provided a video as
example, I can provide more videos as well of other alleged UFOs that resulted just
bright stars.

We have discussed here many times videos showing bright stars in different colors,
most of the time witnesses apply excessive digital zoom wich causes deceiving
shapes due to the digital distortion and everybody has agreed this is a common
problem with many videos showing just a bright star. In this case I would say
based in my own experience it will be almost imposible to claim this little light to
be a UFO, are you going to take that risk tarifa? I don't think so but if you will
then I will be ready to discuss your arguments with my evidences.

There is no need for the witness to come here to say what she saw, she already
made her testimony several times and it's my understanding she doesn't know
what she saw and videotaped, there you have her testimony. If she comes here
anyway I will be glad to explain her with graphic evidences exactly the nature
of her sighting, because evidences, examples are required. I say Blanca saw
and videotaped definitely a bright star in the sky, I ask you what do you think
she videotaped tarifa, a UFO?
edit on 8-10-2010 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2010 by free_spirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Free Spirit.....

I refer to my previous post.

I apologise.

My post is in error because I took your commentary out of context.

I will do my best to be more careful in future.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Another poor, poor attempt to pass of a a flashing light as a UFO.

This seems to be happening more and more. The more sighting we get the worse the footage.

I have no interest in a witness report as witnesses are partial to misinterpretation and
conjecture.

I am very surprised that people are taking any of these sightings any more serious than those
of haunted houses.

I am sure the answer lies closer to home than to Mars.

With all this disclosure news circling I would not be one bit surprised if this is all
a set up by the Governments for some sick and twisted plan of theirs.

Sorry OP but this video shows nothing of significance. Good bye.
edit on 8/10/10 by MrRed because: laughing

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetRadNZ
Woah
Looks like a flying rubiks cube.
Anyway, very credible evidence.
I wonder if that high pitch sound is just background noise, or pulses from the ship itself being picked up by the mic.

Cheers
Brady
edit on 7-10-2010 by GetRadNZ because: (no reason given)

Great minds think alike ... my first thought was a luminous, revolving Rubiks Cube
Shame they didn't have a zoom on the camera.

Woody

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Thanks for your detailed response, firstly I would like to state that at no point in this thread have I said that it is a UFO. All I said ,was that I was not totally convinced it was a star. There could be some other explanation just as mundane. I would like to add on a lighter note that I am a fan of Clint Eastwood however the rather grumpy looking Eastwood on your avatar makes it difficult to read your posts without thinking that it is a grumpy post. I am sure you are a very nice affable guy (or gal) its just you ( I hope unintentionally )come across as grumpy (to me anyway) because of Mr Eastwood's demeanor which I hope is not reflecting your own. BTW I think you are probably right the star explanation is definitely the most plausible its just the quality of the footage is not good enough to say 100% what it is either way in my opinion.
edit on 9-10-2010 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Yeah it does look a lot like a Rubiks cube.
Maybe it's the annual universal rubik cube chamiponships at the moment?

Cheers
Brady

top topics

<< 1   >>

join