It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

censorship on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
hi,

i'm new to ATS, and i don't want to rock the boat. so far it looks like a great and active forum, and i always find some good food for thought here.

however, two things i've noticed surprised me. one is, which might seem silly, i used the word 'cock-fight', and the word cock got deleted next time i looked at my later posting.

another was, there was a thread called "Did you know how to find chemical weapon's molecular formula on the web?" which i recently went back to check (no, i didnt start it, please don't flame me) and it had been deleted, with a message saying i was forbidden to go there. now, i would think it's a pretty interesting topic, especially since the us government has official publications with this info on the net. (i mean, it's one thing to know the chemical formula, but another completely to list a 'how-to-make-them' guide using common household ingredients.) i really failed to see the threat this thread posed, if it was removed for that reason. anyone with a chemsitry degree can tell you thousands of public sources for this info.

i guess my point is twofold: 1.) im a little annoyed both things were done so 'quietly,' and 2.) i see no point in either case.. hell, the new york times would have carried that thread if it were a bbs, and it also has used the term 'cock-fighting' in the past. so why not here, at the supposed cutting edge of conspiracy theory?

btw, cock-fighting involves fights between MALE HENS, frequently with betting involved.

thanks.

koji K.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   
The word censure is to avoid this site being deemed "inappropriate" and forbidden by younger members. We have a lot of younger members and some of them access through school computers and such. Just get used to it. It is not an attempt to restrict your freedom of speech, but create an environment conducive to ALL ATS membership ages.

Also, you can pop 1000 points and get that turned off and just waller in your own verbage at the ATS store...

Second, this is a privately owned and moderated board. So any decision by the admin and mods is not required to run up the community flagpole EVER. BUT, I think the decision to trash the chemistry behind a chemical bomb was a prudent decision. Since you apparently know where to find it else-where....do so.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In your welcome U2U, you received a link to this forum: www.abovetopsecret.com... Described as the place to find most answers. One of the threads, this one: www.abovetopsecret.com... Describes the censor system and the reason for having it.

join