It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taint Droid-Realtime Privacy Monitoring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

www.mwd.com

Train Droid has come up with a real time privacy monitoring for all the Android devices. This is all about securing the device users’ personal data. In fact, the outcome is a combined effort of Intel, Penn State University, and Duke University that monitors the private data that third party applications request from your Android phone, through using a scientific technique called “dynamic taint analysis”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
As everyone i mean everyone is well aware of these new smart phones and there wonderful features just blistering to make your life that extra bit(byte) more easier here comes a wonderful video below outlining how stupid the consumers are.

Don't you just love your droid...no ?

and this wonderful software is brought to you by
www.androidspy.com...

www.mwd.com

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"Google is aware of the issue and they are addressing it"?????

Didn't they become "aware" of the issue when they placed the analytic and tracking software on the phones? Or are they going to use the Bill Clinton defense and ask their customers to define "placed" and "spyware"???

Between this and the I-phone fiasco I am of a mind to believe that the government is complicit and had ordered tracking software to be included in the guise of adware.

Aware of it.... Pssshhhhh

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

In various posts i have often said and remarked about these bling bling phones and how open they are to intruders, but i guess i should make it clear that you do need to have physical access to the phone, but that is not a hard thing to do these days.

Q:
Hey can i please call my wife/husband/mom/dad so as they can pick me up as i have car trouble, here have a 50 for the use of your phone.

A:
Hey sure man.. no problem, here you go.

Conclusion:
Installation successful.

Remember, Humans are so predictable.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

OK. Glad I read this through because from the thread title, I was visualizing a droid placed in a rather sensitive anatomical area...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
reply to post by tristar

OK. Glad I read this through because from the thread title, I was visualizing a droid placed in a rather sensitive anatomical area...

well that method is also used when entering into a foreign nation as to keep track of sensitive personnel.

edit on 4-10-2010 by tristar because: typo:personnel

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar

www.mwd.com

Train Droid has come up with a real time privacy monitoring for all the Android devices. This is all about securing the device users’ personal data. In fact, the outcome is a combined effort of Intel, Penn State University, and Duke University that monitors the private data that third party applications request from your Android phone, through using a scientific technique called “dynamic taint analysis”

hahaha "taint" droid.. sorry my immature mind just went to some pretty funny places...

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

"These are not the Taint Droids you are looking for...."

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

I am all ears and much more...shoot to thrill.

top topics

join