It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do men commit more suicide than women?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A lot of these posts seem to point the blame towards women when men commit suicide. I'm sure that's true in a few cases but I don't think that's the root of the problem. I think women put up with far more crap from men than the other way around. If women weren't as tough as they are then that ratio would be turned on it's head and women would be the 75% and men the 25%.
Women do talk about their problems more. Maybe that makes them feel better. In the cases where women have no-one to talk to, they probably talk to themselves. Maybe someone should study that. Or are women just more resilient? If a lot of suicides come from guilt, then maybe that's why the rate is also higher in men.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

In a word? Women.

Guys are hardwired to take a mate,get a job, spend hours on the porcelain throne, make primitive grunting noises, grind their teeth in their sleep, produce foul gas, watch football, have sex, drink beer, watch football, have sex, drink beer, etc.

Take away that first item... finding a good mate, and everything else just crumbles. Suicide is a quick way of relieving the discomfort of a nagging spouse who expects the garbage to be taken out everyday, the grass to be mowed once a week, the door hinges to be oiled, light bulbs to be changed, dogs to be washed, cat box to be cleaned, shutters to be painted, pool to be sifted, car to be washed and tuned up with an oil change, kid's bikes to be in working order, fence to be mended and roof not to leak.

On top of that, there is that monthly visit from Aunt Flow and despite the rumors to the contrary, it is not nearly as hard on the female as the male.

Suicide is, in my humble opinion, simply a painless way of disposing of the pain.

Of course, most guys choose to live with the discomfort because along with everything else, they are expected to be brave enough to deal with it all. Snuffing one's self is a coward's way out, lol.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by oozyism

In a word? Women.

Guys are hardwired to take a mate,get a job, spend hours on the porcelain throne, make primitive grunting noises, grind their teeth in their sleep, produce foul gas, watch football, have sex, drink beer, watch football, have sex, drink beer, etc.

This is so stereotypical it isn't even funny..
For the record I am sure some of the guys don't drink beer, I sure the hell don't, don't watch football, god who tf would watch that for 3 hrs.. sit on a throne for hrs? WTF is this? Are we talking these guys are kings? i don't drink my teeth I don't like hearing it so why tf would I do it.. producing foul gas? Don't we all? Really its a natural thing to do unless I am mistaking...

Take away that first item... finding a good mate, and everything else just crumbles.

No you are wrong here, some of us can live alone and have been doing so for a long time, finding a mate is mostly a waste of time because its like buying a car that should work well and doesnt you end up with a lemon and you are pissed cause you invested so much money into it.(mate wise would be time and effort to realize the time you could have had on you own would have been better off being with someone who wasnt who they said in the 1st place...)

Suicide is a quick way of relieving the discomfort of a nagging spouse who expects the garbage to be taken out everyday, the grass to be mowed once a week, the door hinges to be oiled, light bulbs to be changed, dogs to be washed, cat box to be cleaned, shutters to be painted, pool to be sifted, car to be washed and tuned up with an oil change, kid's bikes to be in working order, fence to be mended and roof not to leak.

No those things should be equal in a relationship but meh what do I know. and suicide is thought of as a more fixing a problem than running away from something.. SO YOU KNOW!!

On top of that, there is that monthly visit from Aunt Flow and despite the rumors to the contrary, it is not nearly as hard on the female as the male.

Suicide is, in my humble opinion, simply a painless way of disposing of the pain.

Of course, most guys choose to live with the discomfort because along with everything else, they are expected to be brave enough to deal with it all. Snuffing one's self is a coward's way out, lol.

And no people commit suicide for alot of reasons. This is one of them posts that you say WTF after reading it.. I am really thinking of making a post detailing why most people kill themselves.. Again I said people shouldn't talk about something they have no clue about because talking about suicide and throwing in crap like this makes the point maybe it was better off the person suicided because these posts are proof positive nobody can really give a rats ass behind the thought of one of these people.. just make up your own garbage as you go because that's probably what happened.

Oh well Another day in life..

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

To the op, you can't have been thinking about it that much. If you googled the statistics, how did you miss the theories which inevitably accompany them? One theory being that women talk to each other more and men tend to bottle things up.
www.nhs.uk...

edit on 3-10-2010 by starchild10 because: grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join