It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli man, pregnant woman injured in Route 60 shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Israeli man, pregnant woman injured in Route 60 shooting

www.jpost.com

An Israeli woman was lightly injured in a shooting attack Sunday night in the West Bank just hours before the government-imposed 10 month freeze on settlement construction was scheduled to come to an end.

The attack took place in the South Hebron Hills on Road 60 near the settlement of Teneh Omarim. The woman was shot in the leg while she was driving along the highway in her car.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com

edit on 26-9-2010 by BiGGz because: fixed title

Mod edit:Instructions for the Breaking News Forums - Please review this link.

edit on 26-9-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Another attack in the west bank city of Hebron. Now with the 10 month settlement freeze coming to an end, I bet we can expect a lot more civil disorder through-out the West Bank and Gaza Strip in the upcoming days of the peace talks. Maybe it can even lead to the third Intifada if these talks totally fail [third times the charm
].

The article doesn't state who the assailants were in this new attack, but I think its safe to say it was the Hamas.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the apologists and knee jerk Jew haters to come here and say that she somehow deserved it.

Waiting..... (See it's not a one liner.)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

I do mostly agree with what you said.
If I were to make a prediction, I would guess some one will say it is Israels fault because of the expiring moratorium on building.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Wait this attack was on a pregnant woman. Where's the outrage? Islamic terrorists shoot at pregnant woman.

Let me channel a psycho-leftist for a moment:

[rant]
Well she deserved it for supporting the fascist state of Israel, and for living on Muslim holy ground. She should have known that she was oppressing helpless Palestinian babies, so it's just justice that her own baby was targeted, while still in the womb
[/endrant]

Oh wait I forgot this point
[/rant]
After all a baby, I mean a fetus, even a full term 9 month old one that was born perfectly healthy, is really just a blob of flesh and not a human. The world would be better and our carbon footprint would be smaller if there were fewer of them, especially Jewish babies.
[/endrant]

I hope that accurately captures the typical brainwashed leftist mindset.

edit on 26-9-2010 by SevenThunders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't think they were out looking for a pregnant woman in specific.. The fact that she was in the wrong place at the wrong time is a better way to put it. There is a war going on in Palestine, and any Israeli/Jewish person that is in the West Bank/Gaza Strip is a prime target for militant groups, not that I endorse the act, but that's just fact. No, the gunmen were not right, yes they should be arrested, but the question you should ask yourself, should the Jews continue moving into what's left of Palestine and continue suffering these attacks?

edit on 26-9-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

It's a good question. It's one that an unabashed Zionist like myself asks. Clearly the land belongs to the Jews, as it was promised to them by God. I do not believe that it is lawful, even under Jewish law to simply evict the former tenants, unless they commit a grave sin against God and fall under condemnation. Even Abraham bought a field and a burial cave for his wife, and later some of his descendants were buried there. That place by the way is in Hebron in the so called West bank. He bought this site, even though all of Israel had been promised to him by God himself.

Thus Israel should let God take care of this issue. Interestingly during the wars that formed modern day Israel a holy terror fell on many Arab inhabitants of Israel and they fled, basically ceding the land to the Jews. So if the settlers can legally buy land to settle on that's fine, but I don't believe in forcible occupation. I believe in mercy and compassion wherever possible.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Sorry, I am not religious, and do not believe in the 'promise land'. That being said, the Jewish state should respect the sovereignty of the State of Palestine, which was established coinciding with the establishment of the State of Israel.

Also this place you speak of in Hebron [commonly known as 'The Cave of the Patriarchs'] are indeed the burial chambers of Abraham, the founder of the Israelites. But did you know, Abraham also built the Kaaba, the holiest place in all of Islam? And the Cave of Patriarchs are a place of worship for two religions, not just Judaism.

And since we're talking about the Cave of the Patriarchs and the topic relates to the targeting of the innocent, were you aware of the massacre that took place at the Cave in 1994? When an American born Israeli settler sprayed machine gun fire into hundreds of worshiping Palestinians [Women, elderly, children]. 29 dead, 125 wounded.

edit on 26-9-2010 by BiGGz because: Fixed minor spelling/grammar

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Firstly there was no freeze, they were still building when the so called freeze came in to effect, it is called a PR campaign to justify the Zionists aggression.

Secondly Sorry, got nothing more to add

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
It's the third Palestinian terror attack in recent months and in the same area.
Four civilians (a family) and one police officer dead, several wounded.

I wouldn't expect anything less of you oozy.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

edit on 27-9-2010 by BiGGz because: removed content

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
reply to post by oozyism

I heard the only building they did, was the foundation work, so when the deadline ends, they can build the houses very quickly. Other then that, I am un-aware of them building structures [houses/buildings] during the freeze..

The foundation is not building>? WTF, they are building in Palestinian territory, at least it is suppose to be, get the problem here>? Why have a freeze in settlement expansion when you plan to continue it, hence construct the foundation of the constructions, that is still called construction.

What a PR campaign they are forcing us to eat.

"There is not and never has been a freeze on construction in Jerusalem, nor will there ever be," said Yishai, whose approval of a 1,600 new housing units in East Jerusalem during U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's visit in March sparked tension in U.S.-Israeli ties.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

Yup, pretty dumb move IMHO, and not consistent with either Jewish or Christian scriptures. But given all the provocations, it truly takes supernatural self control to avoid falling into a revenge mentality. That is where true religion steps in, to provide that self control. The Bible calles it " the peace of God that is beyond all understanding."

I don't know what that man's background was, but I could imagine if you've lost loved ones, you could be put over the edge. Unfortunately what I see is a lot of horrific mind control and propaganda going, spreading a doctrine of hate.

As for the Kaaba, it is very unlikely that Abraham had anything to do with it. Prior to the campaign of Muhammed, the area was a center for paganism, and in particular the moon god cult of Sin, which eventually became Muhammed's standard. There is an interesting discussion about it here.
www.bible.ca...

In fact the pre-Islam paganism in that area, was brought out of Sumeria, from the same area that Abraham came from originally; and Abraham was told by God to forsake that forever in favor of the land of Israel. I am surprised that you would say that you are not religious but then assert that Abraham had anything to do with the Kaaba.

edit on 27-9-2010 by SevenThunders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Yup, pretty dumb move IMHO, and not consistent with either Jewish or Christian scriptures. But given all the provocations, it truly takes supernatural self control to avoid falling into a revenge mentality. That is where true religion steps in, to provide that self control. The Bible calles it " the peace of God that is beyond all understanding."

I really hope you read my entire post, because apparently, religion did not stop the Jew from mass killing worshippers

I don't know what that man's background was, but I could imagine if you've lost loved ones, you could be put over the edge. Unfortunately what I see is a lot of horrific mind control and propaganda going, spreading a doctrine of hate.

We went from a religion of peace and prosperity, to a religion of retribution for lost loved ones. Doesn't it say somewhere to forgive your enemies?

As for the Kaaba, it is very unlikely that Abraham had anything to do with it. Prior to the campaign of Muhammed, the area was a center for paganism, and in particular the moon god cult of Sin, which eventually became Muhammed's standard. There is an interesting discussion about it here.

[ur=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba]Enjoy[/url]

And on a religious note, God GAVE the Israeli's the 'promised land' AND he also gave you a set of laws to go with that new piece of land. There called the 10 commandments, heard of them? Well, is it OK for you to break the rules God, then ask for something in return?

You shall not steal.
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
You shall not murder.
[this is the deal breaker]
You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

edit on 27-9-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

top topics

join