It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI is raiding homes of anti-war activists, serving "terrorism" warrants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

FBI is raiding homes of anti-war activists, serving "terrorism" warrants

www.datelinezero.com

Who’s the terrorist here? Is the terror coming from the private class, or the political class?

Note that this is an ongoing thing. An FBI chief stated that they are “interviewing” anti-war people “all over the country.” (Yes, he called it “interviewing.”)

The FBI raided and searched homes of peaceful anti-war activists in Chicago, Minneapolis; serving “terrorism” warrants.

This comes on the heels of the news regarding Homeland Security in Pennsylvania monitoring anti-drilling activists ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.yahoo.com
www.startribune.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FBI raids homes of several Twin Cities war protesters

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This story has a quote from an FBI chief stating that they are "interviewing" anti-war protesters all over the country. Note that "interview" probably means "raid the home of."

State-supremacists have a different vocabulary than you or I.

I did note a similar threat posted about the raids of "several prominent members of Twin Cities antiwar movement." I posted the link in the "related threads."

How many anti-war activists thought that things would be different if Republicrats with a 'D' after their name had power. Here we are with Democrats in control of both houses of Congress and the White House ... and the police state continues to grow.

This statism is getting so rampant so quickly.

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm not justifying this, but they raided anti-war protesters who've been to Latin America or the Middle East. I'd say that could lead to domestic terrorism or any other kind of terrorism.

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I wonder if we will see anything on msm

I'd say this is kind scary

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This seems like a fishing - cast a wide enough net and the FBI can come up with something.

From the news reports, it appears they took hundreds of boxes of papers - including their children's drawings.

All they have to do is judge shop until they find one who will sign a bogus warrant. Even if the warrant is later held not to be valid they still accomplished many things.

*They get to intimidate and scare people away from taking part. You have the FBI raid your house, you are going to get a bad rep in your community - whether or not they find something.

*If they take enough evidence, they might find SOME charges which will stick.

*If they find something which is illegal but the warrant isn’t valid - you can bet “somehow” the cops will find out about it. For example, if they find you cheated on your taxes - you will just coincidently be audited.

All this can be done without consequences to the FBI. No one is going to pursue charges and it’s difficult to sue.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
i hear hammers tapping, it seems they're building gallows on the town square.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I've been anti-war ever since 'Nam so I suppose they'll show up at my door soon.

Joe McCarthy eat your heart out.

tt

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
right on trailer trash! i have protested war ever since 9-11.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well, possibly hundreds of more "terrorism" warrants for the statistics. People will then interpret and contribute those statistics to "Islamic homegrown terrorism"... more food for masses fears, in order to keep the support for war in Iraq/ Afghanistan and possibly the Islamic Republic of Iran

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If such blatant anti constitutional acts by government agencies goes unnoticed by fellow americans, where ANYONE can be labelled as terrorists and be terrorized by them, then the noble and sacred Constitutions, the blood of founding fathers had been a terrible, terrible waste of human effort for our generations...

It seems that anything connected to Federal no long means associated to a govt elected by the people. Think the Federal Reserves. Now its the Federal Bureau of Investigations. Private firms acting on behalf of private individuals instead of the People. Such organisations are as as 'Federal' as Federal Express.

The war with Iraq is over and the war against terrorism had failed miserably for 10 long years. It had not stopped terrorism in any way, but instead had terrorised its own citizens.

It is time to string the Homeland Security Act and legislate it out of existance for its compound failures and Gestapo like tactics on citizens. It is giving way TOO MUCH powers for a few private individuals and organisations, and absolute power ultimately corrupts absolutely. This news evidence is a first warning to sleeping sheeps. May it be heeded.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

This shouldn't surprise anyone. They tried to justify this action BEFORE they did it just 2 days ago: U.S. lawmakers warned of internal threats

So they do their PR work before they make their broad sweep. Wonderful work there you jackasses. Of course, this is just one example out of hundreds outlining the general decline into a police state.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
They came first for the anti-war activists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a anti-war activist.

Then they came for the 9/11truth activists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a 9/11truth activist.

Then they came for the Muslims,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Muslim.

Then they came for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

en.wikipedia.org...

So the un-patriot act trumps the Constitution...

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I posted this a couple days ago here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Seems the thread died, though.

Glad someone else picked up on the story. I was beginning to think no one cared, just business as usual. So is this now martial law?

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

FBI Agents Caught Cheating on Domestic Investigations Exam

FBI cheating and giving them selves the right to power FBI tickets!

Look at this and tell me it doesn't make you sick!

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
too bad it doesn't say "fbi agents weight gain through yearlong stakeout"

posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

S&F

How many anti-war activists thought that things would be different if Republicrats with a 'D' after their name had power. Here we are with Democrats in control of both houses of Congress and the White House ... and the police state continues to grow.

Could that be because although 'governments' change, bureaucracies live on?

...Bureaucrats, departments and agencies are all composed of individuals with their own allegiances. Some new administrations "clean house" - but it's difficult when the takeover occurs after all the key positions are filled by the 'opposition.'

What's happening here is "legal," and appropriate under various mandates established in the past - so the current "government" has no reason to intervene - unless there's a public outcry, of course.

Not making excuses - but this goes way deeper than who controls what house.

posted on Sep, 29 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
and people ask us why talk of revolution is a taboo thing. is there another cross-dresser leading the F B I ? what kind of people are making a public outcry? is the list of these people outcrying in a list or are they listed on a telephone book listed by proximity? theoretically with a phonebook and x amount of money one can make a list of people within a certain neighborhood (being the same of said protesters) contact them, bribe them, and then by hearsay ahem outcry america has new terrorists. this reminds me of columbine where-after gothic teenagers were sent to behavioral centers to be reprogrammed and heavily drugged. does the hand of federal government have to silence voices unheard? did they catch bin laden yet? i say yell yell loudly yell proudly as patriots across the sea bleed for an iraqi McDonalds. bring the troops back home! have Francis ford Coppola and Oliver stone tell their stories in comparative contrast to spiritual limbo. why do the husbands and wives of the fallen deserve the same cruelty as the enemy itself?

posted on Oct, 5 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
A similar story from my area, Buffalo.

artvoice.com...

This did not happen in some far away city (as it always has before), this happened in my town, at a very popular college and young professional bar and business street. The second or third most popular college-age spot in the city. This is not as big as the activists in Minnesota getting their apartments and computers searched but it is still a government attack on civilian property for censorship of posters advertising a peace march! This newpaper is a local guide to the lifestyle and art of Buffalo, and is one of the most read papers here

top topics

join