It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bishop Eddie Long Denies Sexual Abuse as Plaintiffs' Lawyer Promises More Evidence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Another of the accusers has given a television interview which can be seen here.

I'd embed the video, but I am unsure of how to do so with a .swf file.

And a report, from the Washington times, on video, can be seen here.

It appears that the Bish is taking up the position that these allegations against him are, in actuality, an attack upon God.

Wow, what an ego.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I have heard that he is in denial and using God to prove his innocence, I guess he will fall worst than Ted hagger did, see when somebody with such amount of power backing, get their egos so big that, in their powered ego insanity believe that they do not do wrong, then when reality hits them they actually can lose their mind.

I got the feeling that this going to happen to Eddie long.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

More revelations about "Bish".....

The ex-wife of the Atlanta mega-church pastor accused of sex abuse by four young men once claimed the exalted church leader had a "vicious and violent temper" and beat her while she was pregnant with his son.

abcnews.go.com...

A true man of God..........

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

.........Just another hypocrite!!!!!!!!!! posing in your bathroom in a muscle shirt??? 'mentoring' teenage boys? under 18????????
What do people his 'congregation' think he was doing with these guys? playing checkers? watching movies?...........get real, people........another example of scumbag 'ministers' preying not only on the helpless but on their 'members' for money & his fabulous lifestyle.....
I don't know when and what will; happen, but if he is guilty of these charges, then he will get his!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well I guess now that his "ex" is about to lose her alimony if the bishop goes bankrupt she is trying to cash on the media hype. I wonder what else is lurking in the closet.

Now I believe he is been audited for the "1 million dollar that he got from the bush administration for his church many charitable causes, including what we now know as "his personal youth program".

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It appears that the Bish has gone on the attack...

Famed Private Investigator Hired by Bishop Eddie Long

DULUTH, GA -- He's investigated some of the highest profile missing persons cases in the country. The disappearance of Natalee Holloway made private investigator T.J. Ward a superstar on cable news. Now he's been hired by Bishop Eddie Long.

"Each of these charges is frivolous and we plan to address them accordingly," Ward said.

Source - 11 Alive news

Ward, as mentioned, was involved in the Holloway case. There are some very unflattering things said about Mr. Ward here.

Not very holy, IMO, to hire a thug to go after ones accusers....

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Yes this must be turned into intertainment. An unknow wouldnt be worthy, might seem to real. Got to keep this on the cover of tabloid which is what Long and his ilk are anyway. Hire a merc to deflect attention. As far as christain broadcasting goes there are others ready to step up into the game if Long is injured.

posted on Oct, 3 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The painful irony is that Creflo Dollars "ministry" is also located within a half an hours drive from Longs. Even if Long loses his whole congregation, there's another equally as divisive ministry so close by.

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
In all of this one of the most personally disturbing things, to me, is a new billboard that the news is reporting to have been erected somewhere in my area. Though I have yet to see it, according to the story it says:

"Love Like Him, Live Like Him, Lead Like Him."

The article that mentions this also has a few quotes from the Bish...

An anti-gay pastor fending off claims he had homosexual relationships vows he "ain't going to stop living."

"In times of challenge, there are several things that come out," During Sunday's sermon, Long insisted he had no hatred for those who have attacked him, although he never addressed the lawsuit directly. He did, however, indicate "those who hate you will be clothed in shame."

Source

Now, maybe it's just me... And I have really tried to keep the preponderance of my personal thoughts out of this thread, for the sake of objectivity. But this mans quotes read to me like a study in all things Freudian. "Ain't gonna stop living"? "... things that come out?

I'm a pretty skilled reader of people and this mans words and actions don't come across to me like he's a victim, or even that he's a man falsely accused.

They feel more, to me, like the arrogance of a person who is blatantly saying "So what? I'm above your rules and there's nothing you can do about it."

I think history will show that the cause of this mans ultimate fall, and the factor which will cause that fall to be so unbelievably deep, is the blind loyalty that his flock seems to be willing to offer him.

They aren't giving him enough rope to hang himself. They are giving him the rope to hang an entire ministry.

edit on 10/4/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/4/10 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

He's delusional. If those pics don't prove he's got some sort of narcissistic disorder, his reaction to all this sure does.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
An interesting and enlightening article I just came across regarding the "Bish" and his ministry...

“It's like the ‘in’ church to be associated with,” said Terry Belton of Charlotte, N.C., who has attended the New Birth church there with his wife. “You feel like you're going to prosper by being associated with that church. A lot of people go there because of him. We went ... because of him.”

Reminds me a bit of this...

“Eddie Long is the embodiment of their way of life, the pathway to their salvation,” said branding expert Goldie Taylor, who lived for years in the neighborhood where New Birth is located and has watched the church's phenomenal growth.

Long told the newspaper that New Birth was “not just a church, we're an international corporation.”

“We're not just a bumbling bunch of preachers who can't talk and all we're doing is baptizing babies” he went on to say. “I deal with the White House ... I deal with presidents around this world ... You've got to put me on a different scale than the little black preacher sitting over there that's supposed to be just getting by because the people are suffering.”

Source article

The whole article is very, very telling.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
A couple of updates on the downfall of the "Bish"

Suit alleges Bishop Long defaulted on property

Embattled Bishop Eddie Long took a hit Monday as a new suit was filed, ordering him and two others to pay $1.9 million for defaulting on a property loan...

The new suit stems from August 2007 when Long and two business partners as part of the West Indies Holding Company bought a gym in Jonesboro. Long’s partners include Marrion Heflin, a self-employed businessman, and Frederick Folson of McDonough, who runs non-profit Strategic Community Initiatives in Lithonia.

On Monday, the mortgage company, State Bank and Trust and the FDIC, filed suit against Long and his partners.

This story really writes itself... tacky cliches', predictable plot twists, and all...

Eddie Long talks about taking Ambien

In the new video below, Bishop Eddie Long talks about taking Ambien -- not for the alleged sex romps that his accusers say the bishop used, but in this case, Bishop Long says he took Ambien for his great fear of flying.

And, to me, some troubling and sad commentary from the person who wrote the piece here:

Again, God have mercy on us and protect us. I’m amazed how much a fallen man can still speak to me, with the Lord speaking through him.

I'm reminded of the line from the movie "Cool Hand Luke" at this point, when Strother Martin says "Some men, you just can't reach..." How bad does somebody have to get before one stops believing they speak for God?

Embedded video from article - alternate source and more current video Here.

Hrm... Suggesting off label use for dangerous drugs - nice addition to the resume Bish. Oh and also a neat little set-up for a "I was sleepwalking when sent those pics" defense. Ambien does that to some people. I know, I was one of those who would take Ambien to sleep and then be awake all night but have no memory of it.

I hope Longs lawyers don't try this sordid and cheap little trick. Sad.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wind comes. Like the whirlwinds of the north and south, they were sent to do ass kicking. They were called assembled and sent not just random puffs and what not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join