It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yahoo Attacks

page: 1

join
share:
d1k

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry if this does not fit the section but I do not know where else to post this. The last week yahoo has been hit multiple times by DOS attacks, which is not all that uncommon, but this morning I log on (or tried to) to find that my password has been changed. I own a very good name (veryhurtin) and never give my PW out to anyone for any reason as it is the main email I use. I have no spyware or trojans on my end so I'm wondering if anyone has heard about Yahoo being hacked and their user data base comprimised.
This sucks

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Proofs After Successful Cracking
www.crackpal.com...

Home | Hack Yahoo Password | Hack AOL Password| Hack Rediff Password |Hack Hotmail Password

After suceessful crack we will send you proofs. Please write your first mail which proof you needed

1. A jpg image of the screen shot of the inbox.
2. Two email from the accounts.

3. Mail from the targets account

4. You just email something to the targets account. We will copy it and send to you back.

4. Address Book or Contact information supplied while registering email
5. Some specific mails from the inbox.

The Attraction of this site is that We will not change the password!So u can follow his/her mails.

Copyright� 2003 CrackPal Pvt Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Contact US Terms and Conditions Privacy Statement

these links might help
www.directory.co.uk...

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Sauron]

[edit on 20-6-2004 by Sauron]

d1k

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well thankfully I was actually checking my mail when i got the notice of my password being changed. I went to try to change it back but you have to re log in so I couldnt do it since my pw was changed. So i just pressed the back button and started to forward all my saved emails to my ISP account. Then I deleted all my mail and contacts. The only thing they got was my name, but I love my name

I'm kind of hoping this is a problem on yahoos end, I have 3 different spyware/trojan/anti virus real time protection programs running at all times (spybot, adsgone, nav plus zonealarm) so I really do not see how they could do it on my end.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Did you report it to Yahoo?

Reporting incidents
* To Yahoo!
- If you believe your Yahoo! account has been compromised, please report the incident using our contact form.
- If you have been contacted by someone about your Yahoo! account asking for a password, birth date or other personal information, please forward the email to [email protected]. Please include the full headers and the HTML source code of the email you received.

Yahoo! Privacy Center

d1k

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yes I did, I even looked for a phone number but cannot find one anywhere. The thing is once they hacked my PW they also changed my secret answer, since they had access to it. So I could not go and use that to have the new PW emailed to my alternate account. Hopefully the Yahoo's customer service helps me out.

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I run zonealarm, avg, spybot, and still pickup a Trojan IRC/backdoor, but I cought it and Killled real slow LOL

top topics

join