It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woman gets lost wallet with 650$ in it back 5 years later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...
You know i love finding these kind of story's as so many here bash America so off-ton.
It is story's like these that show that America is more then just a money grubbing sue happy police stat kind of place .
O i do understand many people HAVE to have something to hate but do you really want your whole life to be about finding things to hate?

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
To be fair, I have never seen anyone on this board hate the average American, only the government and foreign policy.

But this is an amazing story. Great to see.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
i can't lie i would have taken the cash then anonymously mailed the wallet back to the address on the id, but folks let me assure you i would never use your credit cards.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by 2weird2live2rare2die]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I love stories like this!

My son lost a wallet, while in Northern California on a ski trip. A guy that lived in Los Angeles, who was there skiiing too, found it. My son was visiting there from Phoenix, AZ.

The man who found the wallet called me, because my son had my address and phone number in his wallet. I was living in Louisiana at the time, but my son had the state abbreviation of LA. The guy though he could return it to me, in Los Angeles. I thought that was pretty awesome of him to call me!

I gave him a phone number for my son, and when he got a hold of him, he mailed the wallet, with all contents intact to my son, at his own expense. My son had a lot of cash in his wallet, because he was on vacation.

The world still has some good people on it!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
advertisement for the networking website facebook or networking sites in general. thats all it is. don't drink the koolaid people, don't you do it.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
about 5 years ago, i'm pulling out of the rest stop on top of raton pass. a woman is in front of me. her purse is on the roof of her car. she gains speed, i floor it in order to catch up. as i pull up next to her i'm watching the purse slowly slide backwards. she's in the passing lane, i'm on her right. head out the drivers side window, waving my arm and pointing at her purse.
she looks in my direction, her eyes pop open, she gets this scared look on her face.
then i realize, i'm a long haired, bearded, relatively burly man.
she floors it down the interstate, purse slides off,bounces a few times and ends up in the ditch. i pull over, walk back and pick it up. wasn't a chance my old r.v. was gunna' catch her, so i stuck it in the mail to the address on the i.d from trinidad. wrote a nice note,
hey, remember the guy who scared the crap out of you on raton pass?
well here's your purse, you left it on the roof of your car.
two weeks later, i get a thank you note in the mail with 200 bucks in it.
there was 1200 in the purse, with a hospital bill for a bunch of cancer work for a 12 year old girl.
that was the clincher for sending back the purse, that and the woman was driving an old beat up toyota.
sometimes i've wonder what i might have done if she was driving a mercedes.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by rubbertramp]

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
news.yahoo.com...
You know i love finding these kind of story's as so many here bash America so off-ton.
It is story's like these that show that America is more then just a money grubbing sue happy police stat kind of place .
O i do understand many people HAVE to have something to hate but do you really want your whole life to be about finding things to hate?

Wow it's really refreshing to read something like this, especially these days!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier

do you really want your whole life to be about finding things to hate?

Sounds like you are using a Jewish Copyrighted technique there my friend, make your self out to appear to be the victim when no such allegations have been made.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
about 5 years ago, i'm pulling out of the rest stop on top of raton pass. a woman is in front of me. her purse is on the roof of her car.

Just last week I scared a woman by jumping out of my truck at the lights and running up to her car (it's cold here and I've let my hair and beard go a bit, so I look pretty feral).

She left her handbag on top of the tarp of her ute, so I grabbed it and gave it back to her.

She ended up ringing my work to say thanks, and yesterday she came in and left a bottle of black label Beam for me. Apparently, she had tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff in it.

Also yesterday, I saw a man and a young boy bogged on the side of the road. I have a 4x4 and chains in the toolbox, so I pulled up and pulled him out. He insisted I take $10 to buy a beer or two on the way home.

Both of these people were amazed how nobody else seemed to care, and seemed very grateful that I did. Although I don't drink, I have made around $60 this week by simply helping people that needed it. It also makes you feel really good doing it.

We need more stories like this to encourage people.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Amazing story. good post

top topics

join