It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Gal In Town!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This site is amazing enjoy your stay.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PoePhotMusiArt

You are one smart lady for joining up here. I was the most computer illitereate person on the planet lady. because of this place I know so much more than I did a year ago.
Also from my experience here, it is important to hold the truth on high.
So here ya go . This is to help you always to focus on the truth.

Welcome to ATS.

You know I watch that Vid every time I post it.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
welcome to the site. Any questions with regards to the site itself can often be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

or here:

(click to open player in new window)

Of course, if you can't find the answers on the site, you can always post a question in this area:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or hit the staff up via the u2u system.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PoePhotMusiArt
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Thanks!

I like Pink Floyd, but I LOVE Zeppelin.....

Ha! We need to be conspiring collaborators! Whether "Poe" stands for poetry or for Edgar Allan Poe, doesn't matter, I'm in.

I'm an ATS newbie, and a photographer; I play the meanest air guitar you ever...saw, I'm an artist (and a nerd, and thus more weird than an artist - but please don't hold that against me). Going to see Roger water's "The Wall" in October, and I'm a die-hard Zepplin fan!

Oh -and I'm a gal too!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
A nice warm British welcome from me,

ATS home of the brave

Wish you luck in your quest xx

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I have the same sentiment. I am ready to start interacting with the community also with intellectual posts.

[edit on 9-8-2010 by Memphis]

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Welcome! Glad that you are here and I hope that you enjoy your stay

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi! Nice to have another girl join the forum. I'de imagine this website is pretty scarce with it's female population. Wonder why....

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Quality over quantity any time.
Over the Hills and Far Away or Welcome to the Machine...
now thats quality.

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sjrily

HI! Sorry, didn't mean to be rude in procrastinating getting back to you-been busy! Poe is for Poetry...I used to write for hours on end...but for some sad reason...I have no real inspiration anymore.

I guess you can figure what the rest of it stands for (PoePhotMusiArt)....I'm the type of artist that wants to be arty but can never really go through with it! Ha! All glory but no guts (is that the right saying?)...

Glad to know you're on my side! Us gals have to stick together!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks for the welcome! It's appreciated!

I love this site!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Again, sorry so long for the reply....I'm a busy bee these days....

Fav. Zepp song....hmmm, i dont know if i could classify a fav. I do like All of My Love....I read somewhere that it was written for his son who died of the mysterious death.

I also Love Black Dog...but I like it better when Heart does it. I saw Heart live here last year and Ann and Nancy are some rockin girls, I gotta say!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Yes you are correct that song is based on Robert Plant's son that passed away. Truly sad. I have a distinct memory of listening to this song on the way to a new school in the 2nd grade. I was a big bundle of anxiety that morning!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

2nd grade...wow!

My son is in kindergarten (just started less than a week ago) and he is in love with music. It's so funny....in preschool last year, they had a little program where they sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. He refused to sing it...not in a bratty little kid way. He just kinda stood back and acted all nonchalant about the whole thing.

I asked the teacher later what the deal was. Her reply was, "He told me that it's not his kind of music, and he would rather be singing a song that had a guitar in it."

He's a crazy, amazing little fellow, my son

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

haha, little man after my own heart. I am what I would consider to be a music snob although I try not to be. I often have been in situations where I have voiced my displeasure about the music being played. Everyone is trying to get me to dance, and sometimes I'll stand in the corner and fold my arms and refuse to move or anything. They know I'm good but I scoff at the quality of music that plays and will act like a party pooper sometimes. Not my intent but I can't help but be moved by the music I love!

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

No worries, I'm the Queen of Procrastination nowadays.

I find (like many) my best writing is done when I'm at emotional extremes - well, maybe not extremes, but certainly "intensely emotional." I look back at pieces I've written and think "Damn! Did I actually write that?" Inspiration can come at a cost though, so I too, am an "artist of all trades."

Maybe that's why we do that, to fill in the blanks when the pen is dry. So, I would propose the right saying to be... hmmm...we are artistically electing multi-talents.

I like that better. You?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join