It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Quit!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

Hi

I assume you're from the states. Unfortunately I live in Europe. The Netherlands to be specific. It is about as big as the state of Maine with roughly 17 million inhabitants.

Places to hunt and fish are present but can never sustain our current population.
I found out today that every tank of fuel, about 60 liter that costs me around 70 euro every fill up, my government collects 70 %.
Was what my first thought was.

Income taxes are at its highest 42 %, you get to pay less when you have a low income.
People with a welfare check even end up with all benefits with more money to spend then those with minimum wage.
Count a 19 % tax on all consumer products , only 9 % on lives necessities like food, moisture, and public services like gas, water and lights.

The worst case scenario we can pay up to 60 % of our income only on taxes.

My car insurance has a no damage less contribution system. That means I pay with only 3 damage free years almost 60 % less then I did my first year.

I could move to Latvia but the situation is worse over there, and I don't speak the language. I hear they are pretty hesitant being nice to foreigners but that could just be a rumor.

There are a couple of insurance agencies here that work on a non profit system but... you have to be pretty lucky when they can not label you a regulation offender and just don't pay or not enough.

My solution ?

Make it illegal for cooperations to go international.

This way you cut their available power to a minimum.
They can not transfer jobs abroad anymore. Resulting in a self sufficient economy that is capable to take care of itself in times of crisis, instead of a nation full of IT people, managers and phone sells companies that don't even remember what a farm, cows, chickens, pigs or fields of weed look like and know how to manage it all.

Cut away corporate power at its roots and whats left is what you get. Communities will stabilize and economy bubbles won't grow bigger then a nation own demand and supply

You cut away the canapé and all kinds of seeds, sprouts and so on will take over.

About taking matters in our own hands. A company in Swiss has done this almost a century ago and still manage these days. Really interesting story. I've made a thread on it once. I recommend reading it.

From thread:

At the beginning, the WIR business circle was in no way limited to the commercial middle class (Mittelstand). There were farmers, civil servants and white-collar workers who became participants in WIR. They paid cash into the account, and after having been credited a bonus of 5 % could go shopping with WIR. But it was mainly the interest free WIR-credit for extra buying power that served to stimulate the slow turnover of goods. Following free money theory the clearing credits were kept interest-free, thus stifling any tendency to hoard WIR credits. Soon many communities had information offices where volunteers worked for the WIR ideal. Many local groups were founded, one of the first on January 30, 1935 in Zurich.

Reinventing money ! The WIR business group cooperative.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sabbathcrazy

How about giving ALL the money back to them??

Just say to the Federal Reserve that we don't need it anymore and we are gonna try something else. Thanks for taking the effort of printing all that paper but we are gonna try sea-shells for a while......

I would love to see the their faces if that could be pulled off...

(yeah, I know it's impossible but one can dream, can't he??)

Peace

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yea I hear a lot of big talk about dropping out.
But when you get to your mid 50’s and start having chest pains I’ll bet you make a bee line to the nearest hospital.

So much for dropping out.

new topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join