It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photobucket Down??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have tons of pictures to store, i use it for ATS as well as my blog, and other stuff. and now, the whole web site is 'this page cannot be displayed' ive been looking around ATS/BTS and im not the only one who uses photobucket. does anyone know what happened to photobucket?? i tried googling it, and just got their website!
www.photobucket.com
oh well, off to find someplace new to host my pictures!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Yes I use PhotoBucket and all my images are down and I an unable to upload to the site. They are having disk problems. They explain the issues in the following link.

forums.photobucket.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Seems to be up again now.

Message by the admin
Please Read!!!
8:00 am
We have brought things back up for now so we can come up with the gameplan and minimize the pain. However, in order to rebuild the master file server, we will have to bring some servers back down for about an hour later today. I think this will effect less people because not all users hit that one. Look for updates.

7:00 am
Moving Forward. Ok, as you know, I am completely devistated over this. But still determined. We are going to rebuild the main file server and upgrade to the newest drivers. According to Dell, this will help. Other than that, I can just hope you'll understand. Also, I assure you that no pictures are lost, as I don't believe this is the disk array that is causing it.

Alex
----------------------------------------------------------
I regret to inform you that it has happened again. We have probably lost a lot of faith in our users by know. Please hang in there. I am still committed to making this work. I'll keep you updated

alex

------------------------------------------

Ok, I have slowly remounted all of the filesystems in read-write mode. I am literally going to sit here all day and watch for anything wierd in the error logs. Everyones album should be acting normal right now. The part that bugs me most about this is that I can't duplicate what happened last night. Lets all keep our fingers crossed.

To those of you that support this site and all of the hard work behind it.... THANK YOU!

If your very upset ( which is fine ) and hate photobucket now, maybe this site isn't for you. We rarely have problems but when it rains it pours. We put a great amount of time and money into this site in order to provide it to you. But its not always perfect as nothing is. However, we will ALWAYS be here to take care of our customers.

Oh yeah, and its FREE! Beat that with a stick ;-)

---------------------------------------------------------

Well, morning is here and we are still working on one of our nfs servers. You'll notice the pictures are back but many people will be unable to update their account. We want to keep the filesystem in readonly mode until we have a permanent solution. Writing to it could risk data loss or corruption. As always, I will update you on the status.

-alex

---------------------------------------------------------

Around 10:00 PM MST Last night, one of our master disk arrays started getting disk errors. We have been working on this problem all night. To try and avoid any data loss or corruption, we must do disk checks on each partitition. These disk arrays are very large and are taking hours to run the checks on. We cannot bring much of the site back online until this completes. We are frustrated, tired and very sorry this has happened. We will update you on any progress.

Alex

Uploadit.org is also a nice alternative for hosting images online.

Edit: Jim Morrisson just beated me to it. (j/k)

[Edited on 16-6-2004 by m0rbid]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well what do they expect when there using Dell Hardware...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
OK, the site is back up and running.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A very good one is www.imageshack.us...

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

imageshack looks pretty good. Thanks for the link

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

Thanks for the link. I just switched over to this site, it is much faster, I don't think i'm going to use photobucket anymore they seem to have too many problems. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
www.walagata.com... is quite good too.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Thanks Banshee, I will defiantly check it out.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i don't really like image shack, walagata is worth a shot. photobucket isn't back up, because i still don't have any of my pictures, and thanks kinglizard for the forum on photobucket so i could read about what was going on

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You know I just uploaded several photos to photobucket with no problem, I don't know why your images arn't showing. Did you try to sign on? It seems twice as fast as it was.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i still can't log on, or anything! it still says this page cannot be displayed!! hmmm, i wonder why you can upload, and i can't. i use this link to get to the log in screen photobucket.com... or the link i placed in my original post.
photobucket

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I just used the link in your last post and logged-on just fine. Maybe our photos are on different disks on their server. It could be that they are still doing maintenance on yours???????

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
wow thats real odd, wonder why yours works and mine dosn't, im gonna try cleaning my cashe and cookies and such, but i dont' think its gonna help, cause my pictures should be showing by now!!!!!:bnghd::bnghd:
edit:nope didn't work

[Edited on 6/20/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I got tired of all the mess with free servers and finally started paying. That's the only way to get something reliable.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i finaly emailed photobucket support, and this is what i got:

-----
I see it fine at img39.photobucket.com... ??

alex
-----
can anyone else see this? or is it just me??

:bnghd:

[Edited on 6/23/2004 by smilingsarah82]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It says your account is password protected....

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by smilingsarah82
I see it fine at img39.photobucket.com... ??

alex
-----
can anyone else see this? or is it just me??

This is what I see.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
grrrrrr how come i can't see that!!!!!!

i can't even see the pictures in my blog or anything! man am i mad.
i wonder what is wrong.?!?!?!?!?
(it is supposed to be password protected)
but all i get is this:

????

[Edited on 6/23/2004 by smilingsarah82]

new topics

top topics

join