It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Butterflies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I simply can not fathom how something could be so awesomely beautiful!!!! The symmetry, the designs - I mean WOW!!!! :O :O :O

And they're "lowly" insects...

Nature FTW!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The second I started to see the pics, all I was thinking was, I want to paint my room all white, and then paint every one of those beautiful creatures all over my bedroom. Could you imagine waking up to all those beautiful colors, and I mean about hundred different ones, hmmm I'm gonna think about this one.

Thanks for the pics, inspirational.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Cool thread..I, too like the simplicity of it. To simply enjoy the beauty around us, in so many forms is something that most of us rarely exerience.

I like to try and capture some of those moments on film and your thread gives me the opportunity to share two of my favorite shots. The first one is of a moth that was on the front of my truck. I grabbed my camera because it was so beautiful and was I surprised when it not only got onto my hand, but modeled for me!! Here it is:

Peek-a-boo

This one I took a few years ago. I walked out my front door and here was the amazing dragonfly sitting in the potted plant on the steps. The lighting and recent rain made the colors extremely vivid!!

I think insects are an often over-looked source of beauty!!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
One of my favorites - Luna Moth

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03bf42f2afa4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I simply can not fathom how something could be so awesomely beautiful!!!! The symmetry, the designs - I mean WOW!!!! :O :O :O

And they're "lowly" insects...

Nature FTW!

Can't agree more. The designs make one wonder who did it ? Looks like they were decorated with gentle hand by an artist. By second thought. It's the artists who recreate the wonders of naure on their canvas.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Great pics, but why is this in ATS? Isn't this more geared towards BTS?

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Thanks impaired, yes I agree truly beautiful and intricate.

reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thank you NRE! Yes I too would love to wake up to murals with such beauty. Might not be a bad business idea to do on the side.

reply to post by westcoast

Thanks westcoast! Great picture you added! I am going to set my camera right next to the butterfly plant and try to remotely snap some pics. Awesome shot of the dragonfly!

reply to post by crazydaisy

Great one crazydaisy, thanks for adding it and I am glad you enjoyed the pics!

reply to post by flymetothemoon

Thank you Fttm! Mother nature has mad skills when it comes to art and decoration! Divine aesthetics for all!

reply to post by State of Mind

Thank you SoM, and I thought about putting them in bts, but I saw other similar threads in fragile earth, and I guess they are a testament to our planet's beauty and may serve as a reminder of how precious the resources are and perhaps some encouragement in preserving our wildlife for future generations to behold. The fact that butterflies are beautiful is no secret, but the details of their diversity is unknown to many, plus I think our archives should hold some nature pics too.

Peace to everyone....
spec

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by State of Mind

Maybe, but I think their beauty is a secret to many. We could use the cheer on ATS right now if that is alright with site management.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c4509bc1e98.jpg[/atsimg]
"Cabbage" Butterfly
Yates

Thought you may want a white butterfly for your collection.
Simple, pure and aesthetic

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Just ran across this and decided to include it. It is pics of endangered butterflies of the UK.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Peace

top topics

<< 1   >>

join