It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks founder: site getting tons of "high caliber" disclosures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

WikiLeaks.org, the website that released secret video of a U.S. airstrike in Iraq that killed a dozen civilians, is "getting an enormous quantity of whistleblower disclosures of high caliber," the site's founder Julian Assange said Friday in a rare public appearance here. Speaking at a technology, entertainment and design conference, Assange said that "we are overwhelmed by our growth" and the site can't keep up with the volume of the new material because it doesn't have enough people to verify it.

Source: CNN.com

I heard that this site was not gonna see any more support or that a new one was taking it over, now i see this interview. Based on this it seems they are continuing support for the site regardless of its issues.

Good for them, hopefully they can release some of these "high caliber" disclosures sooner rather then later. Notice, he mentioned he will not visit the US, due to security concerns. That's what we westerners say if we were going to visit Iran or something. Interesting indeed.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Sorry for the one liner but has this video of the airstrike in Iraq been posted anywhere, ive seen the first one with the apache helicopter .. hmm maybe not one liner after all

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wikileaks had a statement on their twitter page denying that their site was to be shut-down... they are gonna stay up and running...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It probably wouldn't be a bad idea if all these 'disclosures' were blasted straight to the net so it can be archived and documented. That way there is no pinpointing one person to 'moderate' the incoming material. This way the whole country is suspect instead of one person or small group. An overwhelming exposure could be just what we need to blow this global agenda to pieces. The digital revolution. Ya think?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That is awesome. The "Powers that Were" wanted to have the opposite effect & it backfired.

score 1 for humanity & 0 for TPW.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I hope they start leaking stuff soon, I understand it may take awhile to verify things, but its been a long time since they leaked anything. I donated to them a decent amount awhile back and I am sure a lot of other people did too, they need get more people on the staff or something so they can start releasing stuff.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Everyone talks about the gulf oil leak but many other kinds of dumping occurs around the world, herer maybe one example off the Ivory Coast, of suspected possible toxic waste dumping and have been occuring for years, but the media has been sued into submission just like in the new Gulf leak how no one can film the beaches and none of the illness stories are making it into headline news whilst everything about Mel Gibson or Lindsay Lohan get total coverage, the gulf hospitalizations go underreported.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

As a people we have the right to know what our governments are doing. If its found out, then whoever gets the information should pass it around to everyone. Not just wikileaks.

Their are many sites who would accept disclosure material at great risk. However, most times its only one site releasing a controversial video which leads me to believe it was produced not 'disclosed'.

Mone is a powerful motivator and when it comes to subjects such as conspiracies it can be an easy business preying on those who fear or are interested in these things.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
That way there is no pinpointing one person to 'moderate' the incoming material.

There is something to be said on how human psychology works.

Wikileaks as an entity is impersonal and not very accessible to one who is not looking at these topics.

Julian Assange personifies the concept and as such is much more "interactive" from a subjective point of view...

The more I think about it...the more I think they know exactly what they are doing...

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
ive heard too much bad stuff about assange to trust him much anymore.

check out cryptome.org... (another whistleblower website)

here they have letters from supposed (i guess) Wikileaks insiders who say Assange is just in it for the money and seems to allude to the premise that Assange is working for the US government, but just making it look like hes against them.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That's the thing about this too, even if rumors say assange is not sincere in his approach, it leaves people skeptical and the site will suffer.

This is why its always better to run these things with a team and a set of rules the team must follow to ensure the masses are appeased in knowing their getting real information and those dissiminating it only care about the truth.

One person to run it all, one person to make it fall. Its a bad approach. Perhaps I should get a team together and build such a site.

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You can browse through 5 years of Afghanistan war memos at wardiaries.__._ I just stumbled into the link

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbabuddha
Everyone talks about the gulf oil leak but many other kinds of dumping occurs around the world, herer maybe one example off the Ivory Coast, of suspected possible toxic waste dumping and have been occuring for years, but the media has been sued into submission just like in the new Gulf leak how no one can film the beaches and none of the illness stories are making it into headline news whilst everything about Mel Gibson or Lindsay Lohan get total coverage, the gulf hospitalizations go underreported.

There is an excellent movie called Crude - was put together with the assistance of Perkins - the author of th most explosive book ever - confessions of an economic hitman - read it - watch the movie - will blow your mind. All true and verified.

new topics

top topics

join