It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Media Blackout 65 Foot Rule by Coast Gaurd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
That's right! The Coast Guard is now making it even more difficult for media coverage with a new 65 foot rule! It will be a felony if you break the new rule!

According to a news release from the Unified Command, violation of the "safety zone" rules can result in a civil penalty of up to $40,000, and could be classified as a Class D felony. Because booms often are placed more than 40 feet on the outside of islands or marsh grasses, the 65-foot rule could make it difficult to photograph and document the impact of oil on land and wildlife, media representatives said.

Coast Guard puts up 65-foot cleanup buffer

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Astonishing. It does not cease to amaze me, the way things are going down over there. I can only imagine what looking back on all of this in five years will be like.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
And Obama was talking tuff saying he's gonna kick BP's a$$ and such.

All a front, all a puppet show.

BP owns Obama, this is proof RIGHT HERE!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This sounds acceptable to me? What is the problem?

65 feet is not that bad, and the booms are moving around in the wave action. Boats are moving around in the wave action. Boats don't have brakes on them, and nobody wants the booms getting torn up.

Plus, 65 ft, plus 40 ft off the shore is only 100 feet. My cellphone camera can zoom in on a ladybug from 100 feet! Surely news cameras can get very, very good, high quality photos and video from 100 feet away.

I saw some very good closeups of people falling from the twin towers and they were 2 blocks away and 1000 feet up.

Folks need to remember that the number 1 concern of the Coast Guard is protecting the beaches, the oceans, the citizens, and the assets in place to assist that protection. The Coast Guard could care whether or not we get good video. If we do...great.....if we don't.....they don't care. They just want the booms in place, the people to not interfere, and the dam leak to stop!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Okay , let me get this straight . Reporters can embed themselves with our troops and military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan , to show us the horrors of war , but they aren't allowed to show us the danger that faces us right here at home ? Hmmm .

Maybe the truth is that the horror of the effects of the oil disaster will stir up quite a bit more outrage than those scary little terrorists .

And let's not forget 'safety' and 'national security' . Translation meaning : "cover our a$$e$" .

top topics

join