It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transformers (War For Cybertron)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
In this thread I will review the new game... Transformers War For Cybertron!

In all my days I have waited for a Transformers game like this one!
All past Transformer games have been all but LAME!

War for cybertron has it ALL!!! This game rocks beyond anything I thought would come out! Now I am not saying its perfect, but its damn near perfect!!!

I rate this game 10 out of 10!!

Voices are spot on! Missions are well put together, and you can play as auto. or Dec.!!! You can unlock charaters, and all sorts of goodies!!!
You can play as any of the well known transformers, and find a couple you might not even remember!!!

I must say I was highly impressed with this game!! And it has hours and hours worth of game play! Then it has a multi player feature where you can make your own transformer and level him up in PVP mode, or PVE!!!

WOW is all I can say about this game!!!
The Transforming modes totally kick BUTT!!!
And the story line is totally fun and enjoyable!

I would say if you are a transformers Fan like I am, and loved the old cartoons this game is a MUST Have!!!

If you are sitting on the fence about this game, get off the fence and BUY this game! You will be pleased you did!!

The very BEST Transformers game that is out there!!!
I am sooo pleased they finally did right by the Transformers name and came out with such a beautiful and well put together video game that stays true to the name!

2 Thumbs up! And 10 stars!!!

I LOVE this game!!!!

Zy5

[edit on 1-7-2010 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yeah, I played the demo that came out not long ago, it was only multiplayer though, I liked it and would consider getting the full game when I get the funds together.

How long is the single player campaign?
Is there 2 different campiagns for Autobots and Decepticons?

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

How long is the single player campaign?
Is there 2 different campiagns for Autobots and Decepticons?

Single Player campaign has 2 settings, single player mode, and co op mode! And yes you can play as Autobots or Decepticons!
And each mode has like 5-8 chapters! Each chapter has 10 levels within each chapter!!
The game totally rocks!!! When you get thro the chapters you slowly unlock all the goodies the game has to offer, and thats not even getting into multi player mode unlockables!!

I have had the game for 2 weeks now, and I am only on chapter 4 autobot side, and chapter 2 Decepticon side!
Granted I only play for like 2 hours each day before work..
Im sure if you put your heart to it you could clear the game in like 5 days playing non stop..
But as far as I can tell it has a good amount of game content!

I am very happy with the game!! And I am pretty harsh on games that use BIG names like Transformers, and the likes..

Still waiting for a good Startrek, and good Starwars game..

Transformers finally has a game to do it justice!!

Yeah man, get this game ASAP!

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Here are some good videos I found...

Will Edit to add some more!

Here is a preview video.

Here is the TV commerical.. Good music to this game too!!!

The real Deal right here son!

If I find more I will add to edit some more !!!

Enjoy!

[edit on 1-7-2010 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Choose your side!!!

Some oldschool stuff!

here is one just for the heck of it... I thought it was kinda cool.. I really have always liked Shockwave! He is one of my favs.

Here is some background... Starscream and Megatron have never seen eye to eye.. And the game really gets into this

Now back to the game.. here is another feature, called Escalation mode!
Its a multi player mode, that pits you VS many transformers that get harder and harder as you go on.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
And then once you get the game..
Go HERE to unlock more charaters by reg. your game, or the PC copy that you bought!!!.

You can only get these charaters if you have already bought the game.
You can't unlock them, unless you get the game!!!

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Top of the morning Chukkles! I checked for you.. Its 5 chapters for each side, with 10 levels in each chapter! I just finished chapter 2 on dec. side!
I have to work today, so I woke up really early so I had a few hours to play today..
Now thats a dedicated gammer! lol getting up at dawn to play some video games!!!! Yawn...
Well back to the game! See you later man!
Glad to see you feeling better chukkles!

Zy5

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Maybe this thread will catch on in a couple days.. As this game is really top notch, and I KNOW we have tons of Gamers that come on BTS/ATS.

And I know many of the gamers that love shooters, and transformers! What more could one ask for

Okay I am going to break down the multi player mode in this post..
When you create an account, and log into your charater, you will first make your dude, which you will have a choice between 4 classes.

Here are the classes.
Leader- The Leader moves the lines of the battlefield by boosting his teammates attributes. Leaders are hover Trucks!

Scientist- The Scientist emplys the highly prized Jet form, allowing him to bring support to his teammates wherever they are on the battlefield!

Scout- The Scout uses hit and run tactics to deliver surgical damage and circumvent enemy defenses!

Soldier- The soldier perfer an all out brawl full of flak over a tactical fight!

PRIME mode!
Once all four charater classes have been maxed out, Prime Mode can be activated. By activating Prime mode, all exp points, skills and abilities are reset. The reward for Prime mode is a specail animating icon that is displayed next to the players account name in the scoreboard! visible to all players in game.

Multi Player modes!--
Team Death match- You get the idea!
Death match- 1 V 1 battle!
Conquest- Control mtiple nodes and accumulate 400 points to win!
Code of Power- Capture and plant the code of power. the team with the highest score after 2 rounds wins!
Count down to Extinction- Plant the Bomb in enemy base 3 times to win!
Power struggle- control the active power node and accumulate 400 points to win!

I happen to fancy, Team deathmatch mode, and Conquest mode!
I have not tried the other modes..
Well I did escalation.. But thats hard, really hard! I have only made it to the 2nd wave!! lol

I did manage to level up my Soldier to level 5!
And this weekend, will offer double EXP! After 6 tonight is when it starts!
So you get in and do multi player and earn double EXP on weekends!

Just like WOW and the whole honor system!

Well that concludes my post on multi player modes and classes!

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hmmmm..
We have tons of gamers on BTS.. What gives guys? Gals?

Transformers!!~!! I just can not get enough of this game, and I am dumb founded by the lack of replies I have gotten on this thread!!!

heheh I don't need the attention or anything.. But I was hoping for some massive feed back on this totally kick A## game!!!

Honestly this is by far the best transformers game I have ever played!
Not to mention I am not a big shooter fan..
But this game has made me really love shooters..

Sure this is an old Unreal engine that has been tweaked, and turned into something different.. They have taken this engine as far as it can go.

I will be impressed when they upgrade the engine, and really show us what the new shooter engine type has got..

All I know is I want MORE of this game.. And I want to see part 2.. Part 3!!
I want more content, and more transformers!!!
They could very easy take this past cybertron, and take us to Earth..
They can do sooooo much with this game, it just blows my mind!!!

I can't wait to see what they do with this!!!

Edit-------
This may sound a bit silly, but a game like this just makes my days so much more enjoyable!!! I can sit down, and play a levels, and it makes me happy to be able to blow off some steam via video games!
Everyone has their own ways of getting stress out of their systems..
Music, video games, women, are just a few things that make me happy as a person!

I just want to see them take all this work, all these graphics and turn them into more game via the transformers title.. They can do soo much more with this.

I was thinking after War for cybertron, they can come out with a part 2 that takes them to earth, and the game can pick back up at that point!

The way the exp system is set up in multi player adds for hours upon hours of fun!
And on weekends, you earn X2 Exp! So thats what I will be doing come weekends. And I can slowly play through the game in solo campain mode.

This is one of those games, that I want to take my time to enjoy..
No reason for me to blow through the game in a matter of a couple days..

As with any game I have played and beat, I do end up getting bored with them.. Yet I am no where near bored with this title..

I am going to send a mail to High Moon studio and see what they have in mind, and offer them some feedback about the game.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by zysin5]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I will get it eventually, but right now my X-box is not reading any disc's, not games, DVD's or CD's. After reading up on the net it seems my laser may have burned out. But once I have money and my console is sorted I will get this game.

What do you play it on, just curious?

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Chukkles]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Sorry,
Double post.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
reply to post by zysin5

I will get it eventually, but right now my X-box is not reading any disc's, not games, DVD's or CD's. After reading up on the net it seems my laser may have burned out.

What do you play it on, just curious?

Thats good to know man! I can promise that you will be happy with this purchase!!! I normally wait for the pre played games at game stop or places like that. paying 15-25$ on a game, presay the 45-60$ is a BIG difference!! heh ya know!

Dude, why is that not a shock to me, and Xbox not reading a disk or not working properly!! LOL.. Chuckkles I gave up on Xbox some time ago..
I went through 5 damn Xbox's! Until I finally said screw it.. I am done with these crappy machines!
Sure the games are great, and don't get me wrong.. Xbox games are tight.. Its just the Xbox itself where produced extreamly cheap..
However they claim they fixed this problem.. They are promoting the NEW xbox.. I guess we will see huh?

Me I play on PC! But I am saving up right now for a PS3! I have like 125.00$ put back to the PS3, so It might take me another 2 months to get the funds needed to buy it!
Transformers runs okay on my PC.. But I have it on all the lowest settings right now..

So once I get my PS3 I will be playing it on there

Laters man! And thanks for taking part in my transformers thread!!!
GG
Zy5

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I am now at the very end battle on the Autobot side!! Holy cow! What a battle!! I just couldn't figure out how to kill Trypticon!

So here is a video, of the epic battle to come!

LOL cross your fingers, I am going to give it another shot!

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I argee this game is good but it's not worth a 10/10 score. have you ever actually played the multiplayer matches? you should know that it has connection issues, sometimes you'll be sent back to the lobby with one of the following meassges: host has quit, connection has timed out, connection to host was lost, now this doesn't occur that often but when it does it's really annoying. another thing you should know is that if the host quits during a match then you lose all the exp that you earned for that match. and it becomes almost unplayable if you get into a match with either a lag switcher or someone with a bad connection cause it causes the whole game to lag not just the one person. it's an enjoyable game and alot of times these things don't occur but they still happen and it makes things harder on everyone when they do.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpionxx

See I thought it was just my connection that was having issues.. I didn't realize it was the game itself.. Yeah I have been knocked off a few times and was frustrated..
I gave the game a 10 as I was pretty much comparing it to the other transformer games I have played..
Now that the new has worn off, I really only multi player mode the game trying to get into prime mode.. But thats years away for me!! lol
Maybe in the future they will patch it up and fix these issues..

Plus I still have to beat it in hard mode.. Got thro easy and med. modes.
Hard, is umm.. to hard!!!LOL

Thanks for your thoughts however! Many thanks!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by zysin5]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
reply to post by scorpionxx

See I thought it was just my connection that was having issues.. I didn't realize it was the game itself.. Yeah I have been knocked off a few times and was frustrated..
I gave the game a 10 as I was pretty much comparing it to the other transformer games I have played..
Now that the new has worn off, I really only multi player mode the game trying to get into prime mode.. But thats years away for me!! lol
Maybe in the future they will patch it up and fix these issues..

Plus I still have to beat it in hard mode.. Got thro easy and med. modes.
Hard, is umm.. to hard!!!LOL

Thanks for your thoughts however! Many thanks!

[edit on 21-7-2010 by zysin5]

no instead of fixing the connection issues they fooled witht he weapons makin gthings feel more unbalanced. if you need a partner to help with hard mode then send me meassge and we'll find a day and time to try and do it. my gt is scorpionxx0 just please don't send me an invite outta the blue cause I rarely accept random invites from people I don't know.

new topics

top topics

join