It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why international help was refused for so long

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

not true:

In a June 15 press release, the Deepwater Horizon Incident Joint Information Center said,

"Currently, 15 foreign-flagged vessels are involved in the largest response to an oil spill in U.S. history.No Jones Act waivers have been granted because none of these vessels have required such a waiver to conduct their operations in the Gulf of Mexico. There are no pending requests for foreign vessels to come into the Gulf."

However, in order to prepare for any potential need, Admiral Allen has provided guidance to the Coast Guard Federal On-Scene Coordinator, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and the U.S. Maritime Administration to ensure any Jones Act waiver requests receive urgent attention and processing.

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...

[edit on 2-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I stand corrected. More info:
factcheck.org...

I spent a day last week with an oil and gas guy, among others, and there was an argument over the Jones Act and the oil and gas guy was claiming they'd waived it. He seemed to be extremely knowledgeable about it all.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I stand corrected. More info:
factcheck.org...

I spent a day last week with an oil and gas guy, among others, and there was an argument over the Jones Act and the oil and gas guy was claiming they'd waived it. He seemed to be extremely knowledgeable about it all.

im sure he was

but would u elaborate further cause i dont get ur point
is it a good or a bad thing??
forgive my ignorance

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

BP countered at one point saying cleanup workers were now allowed to wear their OWN respirators but only those provided by BP, which were properly fitted, and which as it happened were in short supply at the time.

This makes sense since an ill fitting respirator is pretty much the same as no resirator at all. I have never been able to find a respirator that fits myface. It seems I'm between sizes. A small is too small and a medium is too large. Go figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join