It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Read ! If You Don't Despise BP now , You Will After This .

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Tony Hayward became CEO of BP after John Browne was forced to step down in 2007 following a prostitution and perjury scandal .

The following is a comment made by Browne : " We had too many people who were working to save the world , ... We sort of lost track of the fact that our primary purpose in life was to create value for our shareholders ."

This was taken from the following article :

www.npr.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Doesn't sound any different to me than any other corporate whore these days (since the Reagan years, to be more specific, when they started shipping our jobs away).

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Yep. I would have to agree, just your typical corporate type.

It's almost like he is quoting right out of the business books. In almost every business book I have ever read in school, that was their take on it too "build value for your shareholders." Only now it's the stakeholders. Before this is over I'm sure there will be a lot of people wanting to hold the stakes.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Yep. And those shareholders took a business risk investing...that's part of business and investing the RISK. And we're not here to bail them out when they fail either. They reap the rewards/profits and they take the hits too when there are none.

This profits-at-all-costs with no risk or with convoluted accounting practices like axing workers with high salaries or who were due their pensions and bailouts to falsely provide their "profits" is going to run out one day too and burst...just like the housing bubble.

That's what big business seems to be these days...a failsafe with no risks for large corporations and their investors.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

By posting the quote , I was simply pointing out that it would appear that BP still operates with this type of attitude .

Screw those who want to protect the enviroment , we are in this to make money .

Doesn't matter who is in charge . Profits before safety .

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

There is a major difference in outsourcing jobs and damaging the ecology and environment for decades to come simply because your "purpose in life" is to create value for your shareholders , coupled with utter contempt and disdain for those who are concerned with "saving the world" .

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
Tony Hayward became CEO of BP after John Browne was forced to step down in 2007 following a prostitution and perjury scandal .

The following is a comment made by Browne : " We had too many people who were working to save the world , ... We sort of lost track of the fact that our primary purpose in life was to create value for our shareholders ."

This was taken from the following article :

www.npr.org...

Still don't hate them. They are a company that just suffered a huge loose. What would you do differently if you were in their situation? I don't understand why you like to spread hate.

top topics

join