It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian community torn apart by 'honour killings'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm NOT ok with these so-called "honour" killings; they're utterly disgusting. Women are NOT property in any shape or form....

but I'm in two minds about arranged marriages simply because 90% of them work compared to unarranged marriages having a 54% divorce rate.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

When its fear and fascism holding people together, there is no point to it. They're not staying together because everyone is free to chose love, and they have a means and method of living with dignity should they part. And that is everyones right in this cosmos.

Marriage in itself doesnt matter either, its not requirement for anything . Love and Equality is, for progression, marriage is not.

In arranged marriages, someone is a possession by default, therefore its slavery. They cannot leave out of fear, repecussions, not having rights to see their own children, and the stigma and poverty of leaving, except perhaps for the man in such cultures.

That is not the crazy glue you should be holding relationships together with. If it is, you don't deserve to have a family.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Honor killings are barbaric and completely insane imo. Anyone who thinks it's ok to kill someone for something like this or any other reason they do honor killings for needs their head examined. I know it's part of their religion or culture or whatever and people are allowed to believe what they want but when it involves killing innocent people then it just becomes murder imo.

Sad story.

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You seem to be stuck on the typical "never met before marriage ceremony" arranged marriages.

Perhaps you should research how these work in other nations other than India and Pakistan. You'll be rather quite surprised.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join