It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men are dying for sex: Mating competition explains excess male mortality

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Well I just finished reading your post...

Towards the end it turned out uh.. pretty good? I'm just a little traumatized by everything I guess.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Quiet Storm

It's usually a good idea to read a post carefully before replying to it. Besides, it's only polite; after all, I took the trouble to write it for you (and others too, of course, but mostly for you).

Why not read the rest of my posts carefully too, and then decide whether or not there's any merit to what I've been saying?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
yea.. I'm just... I guess it's ok that we used to have to depend on brutality and violent dominance and violent competition at the beginning because we didn't know any better, and we were evolving but there are still lots of people who would adhere to old ways of purely "animalistic" type of thinking. Especially during hard times.

But then again, I'm also one of those types who want to evolve beyond the normal 'animalistic thinking' being "spiritual" and all.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by The Quiet Storm]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Islam predicts that near the end times there will be 50 men for every 1 woman

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

I don't know what you mean by 'Islam predicts'. Is it in the Koran or in the Hadith, or is it just something some contemporary cleric has been saying?

It doesn't surprise me that a belief system born of a harem-forming society, where ordinary men knew intimately the misery of a womanless life while the rich and powerful had dozens of wives and concubines, should contain a prediction like that.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Whatever...

Here you go:

IslamicFinder

And under the future section, number 24:

The number of men will decrease, whilst the number of women will increase, until for every man there are 50 women.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by influx.destruction

No authority for those claims is posted on that web page. The source link at the bottom of the page gives a 404. Anyway, religious prophecies are a crock, no matter what the religion. The one I liked best on that page of yours was this:

40. The buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daws will again sway in circumambulation (tawaf) around the idol Dhul-Khulsah.

I visualize the women of the tribe of Daws as having somewhat prominent but very shapely buttocks.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well I am definitely not a competitive person, I guess that's a good thing in the end. I prefer neutrality on almost everything, except issues I that are important to me(politics, religion).

I am a guy who prefers just one girl, I don't like the whole date a lot of girls thing. I would just prefer to relax and share my life with someone, I am not out searching for anyone but either I hope to meet someone or one day I will begin searching.

I am still 18 and never been in any relationship, if I am to 'compete' with someone over a girl I would prefer that she understand me and chooses me for who I am(looks matter too), but I shouldn't be expected to physically or psychologically compete for dominance.

I guess I will live long, that's good!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
Well I am definitely not a competitive person, I guess that's a good thing in the end. I prefer neutrality on almost everything, except issues I that are important to me (politics, religion).

This doesn't exclude you from the competition, Misoir. Politics and religion are arenas of sexual competition just as sport and war are.

The competition isn't, in the end, between you and other guys. The competition is between your genes and other genes. Whatever your personality or your preferences, that competition goes on. You are already in it, whether you know it or not, and the women are watching.

I am a guy who prefers just one girl, I don't like the whole date a lot of girls thing.

You still have to win the one girl. And if she's worth winning, then there'll be other men attracted to her too. Your task would then be to make her choose you instead of somebody else. That's where the competition comes in.

If I am to 'compete' with someone over a girl I would prefer that she understand me and chooses me for who I am (looks matter too), but I shouldn't be expected to physically or psychologically compete for dominance.

If she chooses you, that means you have won the competition. It is the woman's choice that confers victory.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'd like to come back to this topic to state that it was stupid to even create it. Seriously you think that you as a human are so superior to every other animal on the planet that the laws of nature dont affect you? Most people are as intelligent as a house fly with the ability to speak. Research how the male lion dominates and takes his women. Understand that you ARE an animal just like every other animal on this planet. Society means nothing. We're still primal by nature and until that changes you arent better than any lion, chimp, or house fly that you swat on a daily basis. All you can do is talk and # over other people's lives with your own greed.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by AndrewJay]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

To sum your last line up, I love the: women suck, women are horrible, gee, why can't I get any? attitude. *laughs*

Yea, because the guy sulking and glaring in the corner is oh so appealing.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I always thought women live longer because they menstruate most their lives and that helps rid the body of toxins. ?

oops spelling

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Optix]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
After reading this entire thread, I thought it was time for me to chime in. Personally, I agree with Astyanax, although it pains me to realize it. I am a 22 year old male, and I have never been in a relationship- and I am starting to get worried to say the least. Do not get me wrong- I am athletic, decent looking (at least that is what I am told), wealthy, funny and intelligent. Unfortunately, I have succumbed to a lack of oppurtunity (as I am sure many males in my situation have). I think the most important trait in sexual reproduction is being oppurtunistic, that is, creating oppurtunities and then taking advantage of them. This I have failed at doing. I won't make any excuses for myself, after all, it is what it is, and I have accepted that.

And for those of us who face constant rejection, if at first you don't succeed, try and try again. Rome was not built in a day, it took the Phillies 100 years to win a World Series, and Kenny Holsof ran for political office in Missouri 8 times before finally getting elected governor. What do all of these have in common? Lots of OPPURTUNITIES!
Like Stevie Winwood said, in that song, "When you see a chance, take it". I may not have alot of oppurtunites to find someone, but when they present themselves I try to make the best of it. So should you

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This kind of stuff always seems to make perfect sense right up until you go out and realize that the really sensitive guy with the accoustic guitar seems to be getting A LOT of action...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
This kind of stuff always seems to make perfect sense right up until you go out and realize that the really sensitive guy with the accoustic guitar seems to be getting A LOT of action...

Take a look at this post of mine, earlier in the thread.

Music, like all higher cultural behaviour, is rooted in male sexual competition.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join